rugby world cup 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinworswick

Reaction score
its starts this friday in nz,
you guys are in pool c along with australia,ireland,italy and russia
i'm guessing rugby isn't a popular sport over there but i'm curious to see if any of you guys will be watching?

Rugby is not terribly popular (people over here need lots of breaks in their sports action so that they don't get too tired :D), but I'll be watching whatever games I can catch since NBC and Universal Sports have agreed to cover 10 of the games.

Got your bet on with the TAB martin? $10 on a AB pool match and they give you another $20 bet!

Yeah, I don't know if you need to use the $20 on another AB pool game or if it is just a fee $20 bet on anything, I'll have to check that out. Can bet on something like first try for a bit higher odds.

Lets go ireland! And of course the eagle's, but I think we all know how that will go. Its not insanely popular up here, but NBC has started covering some of our college matches!

On another note, I am travelling to New Zealand for a month starting on Christmas day, so I would like to get some suggestions from the natives!

Lets go ireland! And of course the eagle's, but I think we all know how that will go. Its not insanely popular up here, but NBC has started covering some of our college matches!

On another note, I am travelling to New Zealand for a month starting on Christmas day, so I would like to get some suggestions from the natives!

go england!i'm an englishman in new zealand so i won't be to popular if we win! not that i think we will!

which parts of new zealand are you heading too? or if thats open what type of things do you want to see/do?

there are plenty of options over here!

go england!i'm an englishman in new zealand so i won't be to popular if we win! not that i think we will!

which parts of new zealand are you heading too? or if thats open what type of things do you want to see/do?

there are plenty of options over here!

My department head talked me into coming along to take a course and work on a project for him. And I mean talk me into it financially...I wouldn't ever hesitate to visit New Zealand. We are flying into Christchurch for 6 days, then we are off to Aoraki to collect data at Mt Cook. We are collecting data again at Fox Glacier. Then off to Te Anau for a few days then to Queenstown for a bit. We are traveling from town to town for a bit, with our next extended stay in Motueka, then Kaikoura, then back to Christchurch for the rest of the trip!

I also have no idea what kind of down time I will have to get out and explore, but I would like to have some ideas ready for any opportunities I get!

Ace_Club said:
Rugby is not terribly popular (people over here need lots of breaks in their sports action so that they don't get too tired :D), but I'll be watching whatever games I can catch since NBC and Universal Sports have agreed to cover 10 of the games.

With a $145 donation to Universal Sports you can watch every game online in the us... Every single group and elimination match.

I know it's like being a Yankees fan, but I love the All Blacks! I started watching rugby at the height of Jonah Lomu's career and he was the most phenomenal athlete I had ever seen. Plus I love watching Super Rugby and pull for the Hurricanes. I will also cheer for England and, out of some sort of sadistic pride in my heritage, Scotland.

I used to prop a little when I lived in Chicago, but I was crap.

With a $145 donation to Universal Sports you can watch every game online in the us... Every single group and elimination match.

I know it's like being a Yankees fan, but I love the All Blacks! I started watching rugby at the height of Jonah Lomu's career and he was the most phenomenal athlete I had ever seen. Plus I love watching Super Rugby and pull for the Hurricanes. I will also cheer for England and, out of some sort of sadistic pride in my heritage, Scotland.

I used to prop a little when I lived in Chicago, but I was crap.

$145! wow! i can't see to many people going for that,its not going to get seen much when it costs that!

i havn't played since school,its a bit too brutal for me,i work with a few guys who still play.they play on saturday,go to the pub after the match and spend sunday with in pain and with a hangover!by monday its just pain!

My department head talked me into coming along to take a course and work on a project for him. And I mean talk me into it financially...I wouldn't ever hesitate to visit New Zealand. We are flying into Christchurch for 6 days, then we are off to Aoraki to collect data at Mt Cook. We are collecting data again at Fox Glacier. Then off to Te Anau for a few days then to Queenstown for a bit. We are traveling from town to town for a bit, with our next extended stay in Motueka, then Kaikoura, then back to Christchurch for the rest of the trip!

I also have no idea what kind of down time I will have to get out and explore, but I would like to have some ideas ready for any opportunities I get!

aoraki-mountaieering,rock climbing,walking
fox-walks,helicopter flight-spectacular!
te anau-glow worm caves,doubtful sound
queenstown,anything you please! i'm 15 minutes from there in arrowtown,visit the arrow brewing company if you can
motueka-abel tasman national park,kayaking
kaikoura,whale watching
christchurch,not sure since they're still rebuilding after last years quake,banks peninsula is beautiful

martinworswick said:
$145! wow! i can't see to many people going for that,its not going to get seen much when it costs that!

i havn't played since school,its a bit too brutal for me,i work with a few guys who still play.they play on saturday,go to the pub after the match and spend sunday with in pain and with a hangover!by monday its just pain!

True, but that does come out to $2.50/game and it's only once every 4 years. I used to have to go to Fado every Saturday morning and shell out $20 to Setana Sports for the 2-3 games that were on that morning. Once I bought some food and drinks that got really expensive really fast.

I watched the first half of NZ vs Tonga the other day. Both teams did the haka before the game, it was awesome!

The games are on in the wee hours of the morning here, so I have to set the pvr and watch them the next day. I'll try to catch as many Canada and Scotland games as I can though.

I played a couple years of rugby in high school, so it's kinda trippy to see all the plays we talked about in theory working in actual game situations. We were crap, obviously. :D

I play for a rugby team here and we all chipped in a few bucks to buy the package at someone's house and we all have an open invite to watch all of the games there. There were about 5 or 6 guys that went to work friday morning on zero sleep, smelling like bums. I woke up on the back patio, using a dog food bowl as a pillow, at about 11 am. Gotta love the world cup.

I played rugby in college

I had 2 tickets for the wife (then girlfriend) and I to go to the RWC 2007 game between Scotland and New Zealand in Edinburgh. In my hand. Had plane tickets, hotel sorted. Then...."someone" knocked her up......

it has been a good bunch of games so far,even the minnows are competitive which is good.

all except for england,the same laboured start they always make,no changes there then!

Latest posts

Back