Rookie Mistake...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

movet22

Reaction score
Made two batches on monday night: an extract wheat and an AG IPA. my problem was in the IPA, when my boil was complete, my FG was 1.079 and I transfered to my bucket after a quick chill.

Still in the extract mindset on this one, I pitched the US-05 as soon as the transfer was done. The wort was still WAY too hot (high 90's F) and I threw an airlock on and left it for the night. When I looked in the AM, is when I noticed that there was no activity. The bucket was in a 55 degree F basement for the entire night, so it was cool enough now. Panicking, I ran to my LHBS and grabbed another US-05 and pitched at around 5pm last night.

I woke up this morning and there was STILL no activity. Did I eff it up? I feel like my lag times are rarely- if ever- longer than the 15 hours it was in when I checked this morning.

Do I dump if I get home and there is no activity? pop the lid and check? stop worrying and wait longer?

PS- I also aerated the AG wort during the transfer, but did NOT re-aerate upon the second pitching.

Back