Rookie brewer, Columbus OH. Hello all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brand new to homebrewing. I have been a craft brew enthusiast for about 6 years now and I received a Brooklyn Brew Shop kit as a Christmas gift. First batch has been sitting in bottles for about a week now and all through the process this forum has been a Keg of information. Very very helpful stuff and people!

Word homie. From Athens over here. I have been brewing for like 3 years. If you are ever in the area, lets grab a beer. We have a killer brewery called Jackie O's down here if you have heard of it. I also brew almost every week if you want to come down and learn how to brew all grain. Welcome to the forum. I also learned almost everything I know from this website. Peace for now.

Ohio! About an hour N/NW of Columbus here. Pre-novice brewer, inspired recently by a friend who showed me the ropes and am trying to do my homework before I start my first batch.

Word homie. From Athens over here. I have been brewing for like 3 years. If you are ever in the area, lets grab a beer. We have a killer brewery called Jackie O's down here if you have heard of it. I also brew almost every week if you want to come down and learn how to brew all grain. Welcome to the forum. I also learned almost everything I know from this website. Peace for now.

I appreciate the welcome! I definitely have heard of Jackie O's but I haven't had the chance to get down there and have a few. I'll hit you up if I'm ever planning a trip and I'll certainly take you up on the learning.

Ohio! About an hour N/NW of Columbus here. Pre-novice brewer, inspired recently by a friend who showed me the ropes and am trying to do my homework before I start my first batch.

That's absolutely a great idea. I did the same before I started and it really clarified a lot of things for me. Let me know if you're in Columbus and if I'm around we can grab a brew.

Funny thing how Ohio seems to breed so many new brewers on here?! Maybe because we're HI in the middle & ROUND on both ends? lolz. Welcome to your new obssesion! I've been at it a few years myself up here in the snow belt. -18F here at the moment.

Welcome, and hi. I'm a newbe from the Akron area....today I'm using a pail of snow to cold crash a batch that's getting the jello treatment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

Funny thing how Ohio seems to breed so many new brewers on here?! Maybe because we're HI in the middle & ROUND on both ends? lolz. Welcome to your new obssesion! I've been at it a few years myself up here in the snow belt. -18F here at the moment.

It's definitely and obsession! I feel bad for you, we are at 2F here with a windchill of -15F. Miserable. Oh well, just another good reason to warm up wth a high ABV beer!

Welcome, and hi. I'm a newbe from the Akron area....today I'm using a pail of snow to cold crash a batch that's getting the jello treatment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Home Brew mobile app

TY for the welcome. I grew up in the Canton area. That's awesome!! Smart idea using some of this ridiculously cold weather to your andvantage!

Welcome! I'm in Hilliard myself. Been doing this over 3 years now. Give a shout if you want to have a beer. I've got a 12% or so barleywine I brewed last year that is great in this weather!

Back