Roggenbirer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g2rnewton

Reaction score
A brewpub in my hometown,beaver falls pa, just posted this style on tap. Looking for something new for spring batch...thoughts?

Have you done any brews with rye? It is one of my favorite ingredients added to pale ales.

You can see my Eye on Rye recipe in the dropdown under my avatar. It is a favorite that I brew as a 10 gallon batch. This spring I will make two kegs of it to stock up, along with other summer beers.

What is color of this style? Sounded close to hefe style, so thinking a light fresh warm weather style?

It's fairly dark, think like a dunkelweizen. It's very similar, but using rye instead of wheat.

Roggenbier is one of my favorite styles, if they have one on tap, get it as you are unlikely to find it anywhere else. Not a common beer, which is a damn shame. It's a style I intend to keep on hand at all times.

Sent from my PG86100 using Home Brew mobile app

I bought a weizenbock kit by accident instead of dunkelweizen. Was gonna replace grains with rye...what do you all think?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Roggenbier turned out great. Crisp taste gave this ale a lager feel. Will do this one again.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back