Rock town newbie!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmuskie

Reaction score
Hey all! Im new to the forum and just wanted to say hey before all my stupid questions start lol. Im just starting to get my all grain set up put together and have quite a few questions for you seasoned vets. well again hello and sorry for and redundant or "duh" questions that might come from my direction.

Hello and welcome to HBT. Glad to see another person from the QCA here. There are at least three of us now. By using search, you may be able to avoid asking "duh" questions (I've found answers to all of my questions that way) but if you do ask one, it will probably be answered without any kind of attitude. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here that are pretty laid-back and happy to help us noobs.

Cool a local! yeah ive been using the search like crazy and it has been awesome. are you guys in any clubs or just brew for brewing sake? Im just brewing cuz well..... i like to drink good beer lol but i know you can learn alot in these clubs.

I'm not sure if we have any clubs near us. I just got into home brewing about a month ago. I haven't even been able to brew anything yet. Too many bills. Not enough money. That should be changing next month.

I'm not sure if we have any clubs near us. I just got into home brewing about a month ago. I haven't even been able to brew anything yet. Too many bills. Not enough money. That should be changing next month.
I think there is a club called MUGZ they did a collaborative brew with Great River this summer (thats the only reason ive heard of them). yeah im in the middle of building my all grain set-up so brewing for me right now either.... but soon i hope.

@Goodyear

Having just started, my opinion is understandably suspect. That said, brew kits seem to offer a fairly economic way to get your feet wet. I picked up an 1-gal IPA kit by Brooklyn Brew Shop for under $20 a few days ago. With the exception of a pot, a strainer, and the bottles, the kit had everything I needed. Finding a cheap source for bottles gets your cost to around $40 (on the high end). If you just can't wait to brew, this might just be the cheap experience-builder you're looking for.

Cheers

Thanks for the heads on Brooklyn Brew Shop ill have to check them out. Ive already done a few extract brews but i guess im a dive into the deep end and hope i can swim kind of guy lol! Ive already ordered a couple all-grain kits from Northern Brewer so all im waiting for is TIME! Im a new daddy so now you know where all my time is going lol.

Latest posts

Back