Robobrew Malt Pipe Interior Pipes Thread Size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahackney

Reaction score
Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am looking to do the overflow pipe mod that @[URL='https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/members/altered7151.65683/']Altered7151 [/URL]did such an excellent video of in his post here. I'm not handy enough to make the pipe setup myself, so I thought I might use Robobrew parts for it. I found the malt pipe part here, but it does not say what size the thread is on the end. I would rather build a setup similar to @Altered7151 rather than buy the bottom screen and bolt it on.

Anyone happen to know what size thread the pipe is so that I might acquire the right sized female adapter?

Thanks!

Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am looking to do the overflow pipe mod that @Altered7151 did such an excellent video of in his post here. I'm not handy enough to make the pipe setup myself, so I thought I might use Robobrew parts for it. I found the malt pipe part here, but it does not say what size the thread is on the end. I would rather build a setup similar to @Altered7151 rather than buy the bottom screen and bolt it on.

Anyone happen to know what size thread the pipe is so that I might acquire the right sized female adapter?

Thanks!

According to the manual found here its 3/8".

You can buy the whole set, lower tube, upper tube, and overflow funnel at Williams Brewing for $35US.

Don't know if it can be found cheaper anywhere else.

I bought the pipe kit from Williams Brewing recently. Yes, the manual says 3/8” but it’s actually 1/4” npt.

Hello, just to make sure I'm not mistaken. Will I be able to attach the Robobrew mash pipe to the bottom of my mash basket using this connection? (The B one : 1/2 MTP by 1/4 FTP) : https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32993273695.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.57ab3c00Er4zEY&mp=1
You confirm that?

Also can you give me the length of the 2 pieces of pipes that constitute the mash pipe of the Robobrew. My kettle is 25L and I want to make sure it fits well.

Thanks ! :)

Last edited:
The measurements you provided in your post indicate to me that it should work. However I cannot read the text in the link you posted. So I cannot confirm.

Latest posts

Back