Rinse carboy after using vinegar solution?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igvandeventer

Reaction score
I have water that is crazy hard and after cleaning my carboy, I got random hard water spots on the outside and inside. I used 1 gal of distilled water and a couple splashes of distilled white vinegar and it seems to be working really well. Do I need to rinse this solution out or can it be drip dried with no worries?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

By all means, vinegar is a good cleaner. I personally would buy some bottle water and wash the carboys out with that. Life might be easier on you to just get a 5 gallon container of treated water.

I will probably have to do that. I may not not have to worry when I put in Star San since it s acid based. I wanted to have a crystal clean carboy without having my first batch taste like vinegar. Blech!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Yeah you may want to consider looking into water filtration like RO or something. Idk about you but I wouldn't want to have to keep buying 5 gal jugs of water all the time.

Latest posts

Back