• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Connecticut RIMS Tube, Chugger Pump, Heat Stick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YD_Stretch

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

When I envisioned upgrading my system last year, it came just as I got a bonus check, so I bought too much. I bit off way more than I could chew. I wanted to go right into a RIMS system with two pumps and an electric control box that I could do myself...

Well, this season, I'm giving up on that dream to go much simpler and smaller. I am selling my RIMS tube, all hooked up to go into a new home. There's a 120V, 2000 Watt stainless steel element in the tube now with the 3" tube as in the picture. I also bought the 6" and 10" tubes all 304SS and 1 1/2". I can't remember where I bought the pieces, but they are all marked 304SS and I tested the tube right before I took it off of my rig. $125 OBO
Here's the pic:

Next up is one of the two Chugger Pumps I bought straight from the Chugger website. One is just fine for what I'm doing, not the 10-15 gallon batches I envisioned. I have removed the plug to put it in my control box, but a replacement is easy to do if you need the plug. This way, you can rig to a switch. Mounting hardware is also included, pump tested fine before removing. $110 OBO

Last, but not least is the Heat Stick from the BYO project magazine. It was not easy and did help my water heat about 20 minutes faster. But I'm going to an electric kettle and will not need the additional element. It is a 220V 4500w element and I was running it on 110V, which worked just fine. $30

I'd like to keep this all together and shipping would be expensive due to the weight. Buy it all as a package for $250. PM me for details if you need anything specific. Preference goes to buyer that wants the lot. I will return all messages in the order received to be fair. Oh yeah, and I tested all of this stuff before I removed it and did not electrocute myself, so it's safe and I take no responsibility for you zapping yourself for being stupid :D.

And the RIMS has Camlocks on it currently that I can replace with hose barbs if you wish.

I'll try to check the specs, that thing gets crazy hot. But I'm running it on a 30A breaker, so I'm likely wrong. Thanks for pointing that out!

I'll take the other pump if you part it out. If you still have the plug in portion I'd like that too.

Checked my Amazon orders when I ordered the element for that. It is a 120V 2000W element. The Heat stick is a 4500W 240V element. I will edit the original post. Thanks everyone.

Answered all PMs. Thanks for all of the interest. Still hoping for a local buyer to give everything. Keep offers coming.

Last chance for CT Brewers before I part out and ship all over the country. If you are interested, and want to pick up this weekend, please let me know by PM!

Back