Rhetorical answers only!! Why can't water boil at 200 or 210? Been stuck at 210 fore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalc6927

Reaction score
My propane burner is causing grief, can't seem to get to 212!!!!

Been at this AG brew for 5 hours now, first burner caught [emoji91]

Second is second for a reason, can't get past 208!!!

Please drink one for me

In Texas, low elevation

Just frustrated that's all

Patience tester

Water boils at approximately 1°F below 212°F for each 500 feet above sea level. Calibrate your thermometer.

We are like 200 feet above sea level

Plus boiling water is easy to see, don't really need a thermometer

Plus this is for rhetorical answers

Was trying to be goofy

But I do appreciate the feedback

We are like 200 feet above sea level

Plus boiling water is easy to see, don't really need a thermometer

Plus this is for rhetorical answers

Was trying to be goofy

But I do appreciate the feedback

You shouldn't do that. Every post on this forum is taken very seriously and answered with all the intentions of being the best solution to a problem. There has never ever been any frivolous posts on this forum until yours.

That's why it was titled "rhetorical answers only"

And I'm sure I'm not the first

Yeah, this place is always serious. That's why I hang around. I'm all business.

But seriously, have you tried blowing on the flame and/or squirting on some charcoal fluid or gasoline? Just trying to help...

texas! hell, do you brew outdoors? car exhaust can easily reach 300F and higher.

now get yourself a nice cold sixer of something like a busch light. schlitz is also acceptable. van halen is the ideal choice here, but ratt, scorpions, whitesnake any classic rock will work. you're gonna need to back your rig up right on top of the kettle. easy peasy.....

url

original.jpg

I've heard that since every thing is bigger in TX that water actually boils at 225* there.

And you need to use jet fuel. That will get ya where you're going!

Good luck!

208?! Your hop utilization is sure to suffer at the those less then boiling temps, not to mention DMS. But since I did mention it, enjoy your creamed corn, hot mess, insipid beer.;)

I struggled yesterday for sure and thanks to all you're awesome comments I took matters into my own hands..., not that!!!

Went to academy and bought a180,000 btu burner the darkstar 2.0 us 65k

If this doesn't fix the issue I'll boil myself

I'm a bit confused (happens a lot), but is the issue that the burner won't get the liquid to measurement of 212 degrees or it won't get the liquid to actually boil?

Did you buy your propane at Jerry's House?? I hear times are tough all over.

If you were in Kalifornia, I could understand this, as water is strictly only allowed to boil at 212F there, but in Texas, this is a surprise.

I feel like the best solution is to switch to clean burning, cheap, reliable natural gas for your fuel source, as I suggest EVERYONE do, it's so cheap it's almost free.

You can safely ignore the post above about Busch and Schlitz, since Frio and Lonestar are readily available all throughout Texas.

Remember when Obama was going to invade Texas and Fox News wouldn't let him do it? Well, Obama got his revenge by issuing an executive order prohibiting water from boiling in Texas at anything under 105C. This has gone unreported in the news.

But sit tight. The Donald will make America boil again!

I just shot a few holes in my kettle since I open carry and that made my burner act right, then I fired him anyway and sent him to Massachusetts where he can fit right in

I believe you have to speak to your water. Just like we speak and sing to plants to make them bloom, and how factory workers speak to steel to make it become stainless.

I believe you have to speak to your water. Just like we speak and sing to plants to make them bloom, and how factory workers speak to steel to make it become stainless.

You have just brought down a hell of which you can't imagine from the Steel Workers Union for disclosing confidential information.

Just don't mention that the earth is shaped like a fishbowl.. Don't go to the north, you'll dissapear.

Remember when the Alabama legislature rounded down the value of pi to 3, to make the math easier? Lobby the Texas legislature to round down the boiling point of water to 200F. Problem solved.

And Kansas adopted a 23,5 hour day to bypass the need to adjust for summer and winter-time. Pretty great!

Remember when the Alabama legislature rounded down the value of pi to 3, to make the math easier? Lobby the Texas legislature to round down the boiling point of water to 200F. Problem solved.
I am unlurking to set the record straight that in 1897 it was the Indiana , not Alabama, legislature that attempted to set the value of pi to 3.2. The Alabama legislature has done plenty of crazy things but they don't get credit for that one.

My propane burner is causing grief, can't seem to get to 212!!!!

Been at this AG brew for 5 hours now, first burner caught [emoji91]

Second is second for a reason, can't get past 208!!!

Please drink one for me

Drop the $$ on a quality banjo type burner. Farm supply turkey fryers aren't the answer.

Remember when Obama was going to invade Texas and Fox News wouldn't let him do it? Well, Obama got his revenge by issuing an executive order prohibiting water from boiling in Texas at anything under 105C. This has gone unreported in the news.

But sit tight. The Donald will make America boil again!

Fake news!!!

Latest posts

Back