Rhar Malting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagg

Reaction score
Anyone want to tell me about this malt? It was given to me, and I have always used Briess, it says it was packaged in MN, I am assuming it is just 2 row American? thanks.

Yeah, Rahr does 2-row and 6-row as well as a few others. It's just american base malt like you said. Could be 2-row or 6. Well modified, high in enzymes yada yada, pretty economical.

Rahr makes decent malt. Their two-row is fine and I like the pilsner. I think they are producing a more highly kilned pale now, but I haven't tried it.

I used to do some design work for the equipment layout at Rahr malting. Unfortunately this was before my brewing days. I was actually thinking of calling them directly and asking them if they sold it by the bag to individuals, bet you can get it pretty cheap straight from the facility.

I love it. IMO, it's worlds better than Briess.
Thanks Denny, a friend of mine is always stopping by and killing my homebrew, so he shows up Saturday with 50# of this Rhar malt, about 3# of different hops, 150 bottle caps, app. 10# of crystal, carapils, victory and a few others, and I say well, I guess you like the beer then, and he says, yeah, when are you gonna brew again, Im thirsty.:mug:

I use Rhar 2-row brewers malt for most of my beers. I like it. Not sure where it's from, as it comes in 55lb bags, not 50. But it's from a local brewery so I'm OK with it.

Latest posts

Back