Reviews on the Bass Pro propane cooker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about picking up this cooker over the weekend, but someone in another thread mentioned that it under-performed. Now I am having second thoughts. Anyone else have experience with this burner?

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Propane-Cooker-with-Aluminum-Pot/product/10205245/

I bought one of these and had to do quite a few modifications to get it to work. It is designed for a narrow pot. Mine, more beer 8 gallon, was to wide to sit on it right. It was on the ring that goes around it. Also, it was not designed to hold a lot of weight. So, I welded 1/2" angle iron on the top to make it wider and I welded angle iron to these new additions down and welded to the base. It works well now, but if I had known I would not have bought it. I ended up spending more money and time than I could have by buying a better burner.

I checked to see if I had any pictures of it but I don't on my computer right now.

I bought one of these and had to do quite a few modifications to get it to work. It is designed for a narrow pot. Mine, more beer 8 gallon, was to wide to sit on it right. It was on the ring that goes around it. Also, it was not designed to hold a lot of weight. So, I welded 1/2" angle iron on the top to make it wider and I welded angle iron to these new additions down and welded to the base. It works well now, but if I had known I would not have bought it. I ended up spending more money and time than I could have by buying a better burner.

I checked to see if I had any pictures of it but I don't on my computer right now.

That confirms what the other guy was saying. I'm thinking I should avoid this one. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back