Review of the 20 gallon pot with valve and thermometer on Amazon for $150

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenDragon

Reaction score
Okay so I rolled the dice and went ahead and purchased that 20 gallon pot on Amazon that comes with a valve and thermometer even though it had zero reviews. I got it for $150 shipped with no sales tax. I figured since it was shipping direct from Amazon if I had any issues returning it would be simple.

It arrived yesterday. The packing was great, double boxed and Styrofoam for padding. The outer boxed had been dinged up just a bit by the shipping company but the inner box and the pot itself were in perfect shape:

20140319_1704201.jpg

I'll skip directly to the part everyone wants to know about, the bottom of the kettle. The bottom appears to be relatively thick. I did the best I could to try to show this in the photo. You can see here it's a raised bottom with what appears to be either multiple layers or one thick layer:

20140319_1704451.jpg

The inside is smooth and the handles feel extremely solid.

20140319_1705071.jpg

The valve and thermo didn't come pre-installed but all the parts are there and they even included a set of instructions which was nice. The thermometer is huge, I should have no troubles reading it from a distance and it has an adjustment screw too :) :

20140319_1703541.jpg

Overall I'm very happy. For $150 shipped it was an amazing deal. It looks as if Amazon is out of them now but here's the link if they get more in: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HEQNBPO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Back