Reusing yeast from a sour mashed Berliner weiss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaconga

Reaction score
So I have a concern about this yeast. It is the Pacman strain from Wyeast and the Berliner Weiss went off without a hitch. I am sure the yeast are very viable and want to use them for a Baltic porter. However I don't want the sourness to ruin the porter. Has anyone experienced significant carry over when reusing yeast in regard to flavor?

I am drinking a stout right now that I made using Pacman yeast that I had just racked a Berliner Weisse off of. That's creepy. The yeast worked great and all of the beer is/was excellent, have no fear.

Awesome. That is just the assurance I needed. How did your Berliner Weiss turn out? I just bottled mine this afternoon.

I sour mashed this one for 3 solid days and it was a little more tart than I wanted. It was to style and tasted pretty good, but it would've been better I think if I had some syrups to serve it with. I was lazy and never bought any, but that keg went dry without it anyway.

Back