Reusing Old Dishwasher Parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grampska

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We have an old D/W that's been up for the taking on Craig's List for a while, but no one's biting.

Before I pay to have it hauled away, is there anything I basterdize from it? The pump that empties it is probably what's broken.

Any ideas?

I had the same idea as you some time ago, and the result was no. Too much crud is spent through those things to be worth using on a brewery, IMO.

At most, I thought the drying cycle exhaust fan might be useful if bolted to the kettle as a way to move the boil vapor but have yet to implement anything.

I had the same idea as you some time ago, and the result was no. Too much crud is spent through those things to be worth using on a brewery, IMO.

At most, I thought the drying cycle exhaust fan might be useful if bolted to the kettle as a way to move the boil vapor but have yet to implement anything.

Hmm, i may have to keep an eye out for cheap new ones then

Why would you pay to have it hauled away?

I hauled my old refer to the scrap yard they gave me 30 bucks.

If you dont have a scrap yard in you're area ask the local wreaking yard.

I was watching the BrewMagic video with Sam Caglione, the one where he mentions that the BrewMagic system is a cheap way to get started in homebrewing, and he mentioned his first grain mill was run be an old dishwasher motor.

I'll have to do some exploratory surgery.

Latest posts

Back