Replacing Beer Lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakbarn

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have looked at all the threads dealing with this and cannot figure out to remove the shank assembly once I remove the shank nut. I bought a really cool wrench from keg connection that made removing the nut very easy. After I get the nut off, I cannot figure out how to remove the whole assembly from the tower. After removing the plastic spacer, I have pushed and pulled without success. I have removed the outer faucet. It looks like the front part (outside the tower) may screw off? It has a knurled surface ring that looks like it is made to twist, but is inside a housing. I have a 3 faucet tower and am going to put on longer lines on all of them as I am always fighting foam.

There seems to be no You Tube Video on this either.

Shanks pull out on the faucet side, coupler nuts are generally not removable without removing the shank.

If you've removed the tail piece and the shank nut there's nothing keeping the shanks in place aside from friction.

Pull harder...

Cheers!

Back