Replacement Star San Caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J2W2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know if this has ever been posted, but I thought I'd add it.

I use Star San for sanitation, and it's a great product except for the plastic caps on the bottle. As careful as I am, over-tightening them at all causes them to split. I decided to search for replacements last week, and I came across a post that said you can contact the company for free replacements.

I emailed them at [email protected] and told them about the issue I've had with the caps and what size bottle of Star San I have. I got a nice email a couple of days later telling me my replacements were in the mail.

I received an envelope from them today with four replacement caps. These are a nice heavy plastic, and they are child-proof as well. Once you tighten them down, they spin, so I don't think you could over-tighten them if you wanted to.

I thought I'd pass along this great customer service, in case anyone else has had the same issue with the caps that I've had.

I've had the same issue but had a compatible cap on hand. I think white labs caps work

Same problem here. The threads are compatible with typical soda/water bottles. I just replaced it with one of those (same as the white labs caps since their vials are just 20oz soda bottles before they get blow molded).

Same problem here. The threads are compatible with typical soda/water bottles. I just replaced it with one of those (same as the white labs caps since their vials are just 20oz soda bottles before they get blow molded).

Thank you for this information. One cap on my small Starsan bottle has duct tape to form a seal when the top popped off a few years ago. It worked so I never looked around the house for a replacement.

These are a nice heavy plastic, and they are child-proof as well. Once you tighten them down, they spin, so I don't think you could over-tighten them if you wanted to.

I'm in Canada by law all household chemicals come with the lids you got as replacement, so not an issue here.

Back