Repitch??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh940711

Reaction score
I just brewed a Bock and my question is should i repitch yeast? The krausen looked good and now I have trub at the bottom. I had some activity with the airlock but every other brew I did I had good bubbling and frequently. This brew didn't have a lot of activity and not more that about 36 hours. So I'm not sure if I have good fermentation because I had good krausen. Would more yeast hurt my beer?? I pitched wyeast it's what was in the kit and I did rehydrate first. Thanks!!

You should probably first check you SG, before doing anything else.
If it is going down, as it should be, then you are probably fine. You might have a "gas leak" somewhere with a poorly closed lid, for example :) Or you might have just added too much water to an airlock and the gas just struggles to push through it. Just recently I've had such a case, I've poured out some of the water and the beer was more than happy to start bubbling :)

It most likely got through initial fermentation already. It'll then slowly,uneventfully creep down to FG. Then another 3-7 days to clean up & settle out clear or slightly misty.

Latest posts

Back