Remote brew equipment list.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithww

Reaction score
I'm going to brew beer with a bunch of friends and I'll be 100 miles from home and 20 miles from a store, I've made a list, anything that I'm missing?

Hops and spices from freezer
Grain
Grain mill
Grind bucket
Drill and spare battery
Burner
Propane and spare
Paddle
Whisk
Mash tuns
6 gallon carboy
Refractometer
Thermometer
Pots
Pitcher
Funnel
O2
Siphon

It will be a huge beer with 28lbs of grain I'll need both my 5 and 10 gallon tuns.

Airlock and bung are being used to keep the water in the carboy as I'm bringing my own water in, using the mash tuns and the carboy, forgot to list it.
I bought the yeast but forgot to list it, I will make sure it makes the trip.

For cooling we are going to place the pot into a larger container and run a hose to keep fresh cool water in it. I would take my immersion cooler, but that is one more thing that I can adapt out of.

Thanks

Yeast. And maybe some DME for a starter. Could be beneficial for such a large beer.

A couple of tools like an adjustable wrench. Stuff always breaks when you're not at home.

Tubing
Dish towels or rags
Homebrew

Why not grind the grain before you leave and skip the mill, bucket, and drill. whirlfloc, false bottoms/manifolds, hydrometer and test tube? are you dividing out the hops ahead of time or will you need a scale for them?

Why not grind the grain before you leave and skip the mill, bucket, and drill. whirlfloc, false bottoms/manifolds, hydrometer and test tube? are you dividing out the hops ahead of time or will you need a scale for them?
They want the full brewmaster experience, headed out I post next week how it turned out.

Back