Regulator gauge needle stem bent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerofgeorge

Reaction score
I bought a used 3 way regulator on ebay and one of the gauges got damaged in shipping. The plastic cover came off and the stem that holds the needle got bent. Is there any way to fix this? The box was pretty beat up so I'm surprised that's all that was wrong.

I'm going to contact the seller to see if anything can be done but since it was used and they don't have more, I doubt they'll be able to do anything except maybe offer a return. I got it at a really good price so I would probably just keep it and get a new gauge over dealing with returning it. I'd just rather fix it if possible than buy a new gauge.

if seller wont do anything just replace it you can get new gauges cheaply from most home brew supply stores. I have tooling to fix gauges but they are expensive and for a gauge like this its just not worth it to fix it when they are so cheap.

The seller was quick to replace the gauge. I'd still like to test them all since they're used. The needle on the one they sent was bent up towards the plastic cover a little but hopefully it still reads the correct pressure.

Easiest way to test is to plug in a good known gauge to the output of the regulator while the one in question on the regulator body is still screwed in. Basically you are comparing one gauge you know works to the other one. If everything reads the same your good. You will want to read close to the regulator as long lengths of hose could cause enough of a pressure drop in the line that your good gauge might not read as high.

Latest posts

Back