Recipe for harvested hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldStone

Reaction score
Hello,

I have second year hop plants that seem to have produced a decent haul for the year. First one harvested is Zeus. I was hoping my brewing skill set would be a little further along at this point but I have not had the time to study going all grain(still doing partial mash recipes) or how to create recipes. Can anyone make any suggestions on a recipe for using my Zeus hops. I was hoping I could make a single hop brew so I could get full flavor? I have dryed out some of them and picked the rest today and was wondering if I could use them wet? Any information, direction or feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time!!

Quite a few Zeus single-hop recipes on the web.

If wet, you need to use roughly 5 times the dry weights found in recipes, but otherwise you can use wet or dry.
Partially dried makes things more complicated, so anything partially dried would best be fully dried (to 15-20% of wet weight) before use...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back