Really interesting pattern in the interval of gas release during fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrew93

Reaction score
I have a 7 gallon fermenter with about 5 gallons of apple cinnamon tea fermenting in there. (about 20 bags of apple cinamon celestial seasons, and about 15 bags of pomegranate tea to be honest) with 5 lbs of brown sugar.

It bubbles pretty regularly. I have timed it because I use that as a gauge to know when the brew is coming toward the end (when I see it slow down)

Here is the weird part. I would expect the thing to bubbles at regular intervals that would get further apart as the tea hardens and the sugar gets eaten up. But I am seeing a CLEAR interval pattern. It bubbles at 5 seconds, and then 10 seconds after the first bubble it bubbles again. So the whole cycle takes 15 seconds with one short bubble interval, followed by a longer bubble interval.

It's been doing this for days... 5 seconds then 10 seconds, 5 seconds tehn 10 seconds.. I get a variation of up to 1 or 2 seconds sometimes.. but as per the video. It is pretty consistent.. anyone have thoughts?

Take a look
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Oz4SDFL8e5TVBXaWFNWkpqdjZicGZlZUhkRlZNYjBQb3lj/view?usp=sharing

Back