Ready to build - I think...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ModlrMike

Reaction score
As a companion posting to my topic in the automated brewing board, I've designed what I hope is a functional single vessel system. My original plan is to use parts that allow for easy upgrading in the future from 120v to 240v when I have an available source. I plan to use a 4500w element at 120v giving me 1125w, which in addition to my 1500w induction stove should give me enough power to heat 4.5 gallons of liquid. I'm moving down to 3 gallon batches so that I can brew more often. Anyhow, thoughts and suggestions are welcome and encouraged. The only thing I see right now, is that I may want to move the LED before the SSR.

120v Control.jpg

Wouldn't moving the LED depend on when you want it on? Unless I'm mistaken it would now light up only when the SSR is triggered and the element is heating. I think That's how I personally would like it.

Looks good. Leave the element LED where it is. If it is on or off when it shouldn't be, that means the SSR has failed. Note that when the element isn't connected the LED may light just due to the normal leakage thru the SSR.

Brew on :mug:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've got a prospective parts list, but I'm still not sure what to do for a master power. I was thinking of something like you see on the back of a computer case, but I've yet to find the right part. I've also thought about a cooling fan, but then I have to incorporate a 12v or 5v DC power supply, which works against my goal of simplicity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've got a prospective parts list, but I'm still not sure what to do for a master power. I was thinking of something like you see on the back of a computer case, but I've yet to find the right part. I've also thought about a cooling fan, but then I have to incorporate a 12v or 5v DC power supply, which works against my goal of simplicity.

120V muffin fans are available. Just search Amazon for "120V muffin fan". Lots of choices.

Brew on :mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back