Re-introduction of Soperbrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonyBrew

Who rated my beer?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been a homebrewer for over 2 years now and have recently moved all of my homebrew, equipment, and ingredients to Chandler, Arizona. It's all sitting in a Uhaul outside my hotel room right now.

All I can say is, I'm in Tucson, and I consider this pre-sub-hell, you being in Chandler are in sub-hell, and anyone living in the greater PHX area are simply in hell, it doesn't get much worse.

Chilling wort sucks here in pre-sub-hell, I can only imagine it is worse in sub-hell.

Welcome to AZ, and if I'm not mistaken...welcome back to hell.:mug:

That's a hell of a welcome back. Why don't you offer to let him borrow your pre-chiller and a bag ice?

All brewing is compromise. You work around the issues.

I'm trying to figure out what AZ did to have Soper as a new issue to deal with.

:drunk:

maybe its SB1070 retaliation, I dunno...
Anyway, welcome to AZ, I hope to see you around at the monthly ASH meetings, maybe meet up for a pint somewhere. I would invite you out to my place for some homebrew but it would be about a 60 mile round trip for ya.

Loser.....

That's a hell of a welcome back. Why don't you offer to let him borrow your pre-chiller and a bag ice?

All brewing is compromise. You work around the issues.

I'm trying to figure out what AZ did to have Soper as a new issue to deal with.

:drunk:

We didn't order that the first time around. Now again?! :D :p

It's hot here...just sayin'!:mug:

Chilling my wort happens to be my biggest challenge.

Welcome (back?) from the northwestern section of Hell! ! !

yeah, if I wanna pitch at 68F it takes about 40 lbs of ice which is roughly $5.:(

I roll with 40lb of ice as well, no worries chilling for me, its just part of my regular routine now, summer or winter.

I'm down with 60lbs. of ice and get to 72/74 fairly quickly. Ok, honestly I don't know exactly how long 'cause I'm multi-tasking. :D

Welcome (back?) from the northwestern section of Hell! ! !

I'm down with 60lbs. of ice and get to 72/74 fairly quickly. Ok, honestly I don't know exactly how long 'cause I'm multi-tasking. :D

Yeah, I usually rock 40-60lb of ice to get it down.. I played hooky today to brew, and grabbed 60lb of ice. There is some left over for me to ice down a few growlers to take to the pool.

Oh, and yeah.. its forkin HOT out there right now! I need to start brewing at 4am from now on =(

Yeah, I usually rock 40-60lb of ice to get it down.. I played hooky today to brew, and grabbed 60lb of ice. There is some left over for me to ice down a few growlers to take to the pool.

Oh, and yeah.. its forkin HOT out there right now! I need to start brewing at 4am from now on =(

Im hitting the pool after work with a growler or two, I agree about the heat, 112° here at work is damn hot by any standard! well at least the pool is holding at 80 so far

What did you say the address was of that hotel with the free brew equipment in the UHaul was?

..... okay, I'll shut up since we had a cold wave push through. Todays high in Georgia was only 92 and the humidity was only 51% (pleasant, actually). My ground water tonight was 75 degrees and now it only 83 degrees at 9:15 p.m.

I just finished with clean up. After reading your posts from AZ i checked your weather forcasts. &^%$#@! it is flippin hot out there! Ground water 100 degrees & you could fill a hot tub with that!

I have heard it is not the heat, but the humidity..... but I think the heat has a lot to do with it!

..... okay, I'll shut up since we had a cold wave push through. Todays high in Georgia was only 92 and the humidity was only 51% (pleasant, actually). My ground water tonight was 75 degrees and now it only 83 degrees at 9:15 p.m.

I just finished with clean up. After reading your posts from AZ i checked your weather forcasts. &^%$#@! it is flippin hot out there! Ground water 100 degrees & you could fill a hot tub with that!

I have heard it is not the heat, but the humidity..... but I think the heat has a lot to do with it!

1) as for the its the humidity thing, set your oven to low, poke your head in and tell me its the humidity!

2) I actually have a hot tub! its a 35,000 gallon pool version, but if I put the retractable cover on it (for monsoon protection) for a day or two the temp will climb over 100!

3) Give us a feww more weeks and we will be sitting in 118+ heat, then the humidity will climb as the wrath of God Monsoon storms roll through to further add to the hot misery.

1) as for the its the humidity thing, set your oven to low, poke your head in and tell me its the humidity!

2) I actually have a hot tub! its a 35,000 gallon pool version, but if I put the retractable cover on it (for monsoon protection) for a day or two the temp will climb over 100!

3) Give us a feww more weeks and we will be sitting in 118+ heat, then the humidity will climb as the wrath of God Monsoon storms roll through to further add to the hot misery.

Realtors in Arizona have resulted to bl*wing sailors for loose change. Please can't you help the strarving realtors in Arizona, and disregard the irrational posts of native Arizonians like this heat stricken man.

Yup, and it was 112° as well. But I must say, I live here by choice and absolutely love the heat.

Agree, I hate the snow, I can tolerate it when we visit family in Boston and Virginia around Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I could not live out a winter there!

At least with that kind of humidity, if the person next to you farts you get a cool breeze.

That is just great!:mug:

Being a native I never knew anything about humidity until spending a year in FLA. That was disgusting! I'm here for the single digits and have no problem with the heat.

Being a native I never knew anything about humidity until spending a year in FLA. That was disgusting! I'm here for the single digits and have no problem with the heat.

Yeah, I spent a summer in Missouri.. I am pretty sure we are spoiled here. It may be hot, but at least you can get wet to cool down!

TROS.jpg

greater PHX area are simply in hell, it doesn't get much worse.

Obviously, you've never been in the South East. 105F and 100% RH is way, way worse than 122F (the hottest I've even experienced outside). Have you ever had to run your windshield wipers because the A/C in your car is condensing water on the windows?

Dang, how did this thread turn into a "how hot is it in AZ" thread? All I said was I moved.

So far all I've done is set up my keezer at a friend's house & dial in the temp/pressure. I have to take over my picnic taps soon & get them going again. I'm not going to be able to do much in the apartment so I'm hoping to find someone who brews in the heat that I can crash their brewday.

I am out in Maricopa, if you want to make the drive, you are welcome here on brewday, hell, my setup is "Hillbilly All-Grain" but you are welcome to brew on it some weekend if you would like.

Dang, how did this thread turn into a "how hot is it in AZ" thread? All I said was I moved.

So far all I've done is set up my keezer at a friend's house & dial in the temp/pressure. I have to take over my picnic taps soon & get them going again. I'm not going to be able to do much in the apartment so I'm hoping to find someone who brews in the heat that I can crash their brewday.

I am out in the west valley, but you are always welcome out here for brew days as well!

maybe its SB1070 retaliation, I dunno...
Anyway, welcome to AZ, I hope to see you around at the monthly ASH meetings, maybe meet up for a pint somewhere. I would invite you out to my place for some homebrew but it would be about a 60 mile round trip for ya.

Oh, soper would go 30 miles for a good beer. I'm sure of it. I'm not so sure that he'd come to my house for a beer, though!

(You're always invited back to the midwest, Soper. Minneapolis is only a 7 hour drive to my house!)

I know you guys are talking about the heat. I can't relate. It's supposed to get up to the upper 70s by Friday here. :D

I am out in Maricopa, if you want to make the drive, you are welcome here on brewday, hell, my setup is "Hillbilly All-Grain" but you are welcome to brew on it some weekend if you would like.

Hmmm, Maricopa might be a possibility for me. I have snowbird inlaws that have a place in Casa Grande. They are obviously up north at the moment.

When's your next brewday?

probably in 2 weeks, I work every other weekend, so the 17th is my weekend off.. :rockin:
PM me for details, directions, ect.

Latest posts

Back