Re-boil?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj_engr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Turns out I left my yeast on the counter at MoreBeer. While I was grumbling to myself about them not bagging my stuff I screwed up again, dropped a pot holder into the wort while the chiller was bringing the temp down.

Since the temp was 130* or so, I fear contamination and thinking re-boiling would be the best bet. Any suggestions?

I think that I would bring it back to a boil for about 10 minutes just to be on the safe side. I don't know about yours but my pot holders are not something I would want dipped in something I was going to drink. Even though the fermentation should overpower any nasties I wouldn't take the chance.

I think that I would bring it back to a boil for about 10 minutes just to be on the safe side. I don't know about yours but my pot holders are not something I would want dipped in something I was going to drink. Even though the fermentation should overpower any nasties I wouldn't take the chance.

lol...my pot holders are a little nasty as well. Old spaghetti sauce stains or whatever else it came into contact with. Certainly wouldn't want it in my wort :D

Ok got the burners fired up and going to re-boil. Sad I don't have the suggested yearst, but I do have spare jars of yeast in the fridge. Which should I sub for Oktoberfast Ale?

California Ale (WLP001)
WLP028 Edinburgh Scottish Ale Yeast
San Diego Super Yeast (WLP090)

Latest posts

Back