• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Raw spring barley in Midwest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardenwheat

Reaction score
Just bought 1 Bushel (48 Lbs) of spring organic Robust 6 row barley. Welter Seed in Iowa sells it for $13.50 plus shipping. I only planted about a half an acre, but I'm going to malt the rest. Pretty cheap!!! Goggle it if interested.

I paid $24 in shipping, but also got 30lbs of clover too. Seem really reasonable for 78 lbs of goods.

Was that shipped using SpeeDee? If so they are only regional to the Upper Midwest. UPS would have been over $70.

Was that shipped using SpeeDee? If so they are only regional to the Upper Midwest. UPS would have been over $70.

I think it was SpeeDee. I wasn't home when it was delivered, but that sounds about right.

What varieties of barley do you have available. I want to plant some winter barely in another plot.

Back