Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I serously doubt that no one on this forum has had a drunken thougt since last Friday. ...

i know people don't like me talking crazy?

but, my projector died a month ago or so, i was like damn the drug dealers....someone charged me $1k for 45 minutes work, then my reciever died...i was like damn the drug dealers! i thought i got back up! f off, then that started hissing and weezing, damn the drug dealers again! grabbed another reciever, dead on arival... S.O.B.! i'm glad my mom raised me not to be a complainer! and i'm laughin my ass off! hopefully my current batch of lager is as scary as the dope cooks meth this season...i don't know how many more hits i can afford....

???? random enough? ;)

October 14, 1978, President Jimmy Carter signed H.R. 1337, which contained an amendment sponsored by Senator Alan Cranston (D-CA) creating an exemption from taxation of beer brewed at home for personal or family use. This exemption went into effect on February 1, 1979, making homebrewing legal on a federal level in the U.S.

In 2014, the final two, Mississippi & Alabama made homebrewing legal in all 50 states

I started brewing in 2013. I followed the efforts in our state (Alabama) legislature to legalize my hobby. During the presentation of the last failed attempt, I watched livestream of some of the debate. DON’T EVER DO THAT! Silliest thing I’ve ever seen! It finally passed because they brought it for vote “discreetly” while most of the opposition was out of town.

sorry to have to drop a sobering one in the drunken thoughts thread, but it's the time of year for my annual PSA against using REAL FLAME candles in your jack-o'-lanterns

DON'T

this was across the street from my sister's condo (she lived 50 feet to the right)

we got back from family dinner, the street was blocked off & her neighbors' condos were in flames.

4 families lost their homes because of 1 person's reckless disregard for safety

189.jpg

don't be that person

"Flaming flowers that brightly blaze" is a great alliterative song lyric.

But it does not hold a candle to "little old lady got mutilated late last night".

Ah-oooo. Draw blood.

@Dan got me thinking about "The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" on his love this time of night on HBT thread and I thought I'd post this here because it seems to fit. What is quality?

drunken sailor me used to LOVE hangovers, especially in South Carolina, right before the switch to summer uniforms, wearing wool, sweating your a** off on the hot non-skid while standing quarterdeck watch,

strapped with a .45

eff with the Petty Officer of the Watch & find out.

not drunken, the other altered mood thoughts & 2 of them:

#1 "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?" well, it's SpongeBob SquarePants, of course, but what the hell does a pineapple have to do with it?

and

#2 Aren't his pants HEXAHEDRON?

Fun way to startle my husband: Honey, come look at the water that came out of the water heater, I think something's wrong!!!

Reality: I forgot to close the valves on the HLT and the mash tun, causing backflow and really nasty looking water in the HLT.

Didn't do it because he's asleep, but I'm bored and thinking of ways to amuse myself during the mash.

Forced eavesdrop on table next to ours,

girl who needs to learn her "indoor sitting next to the person you're speaking to" voice: Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like. Like.

My husband of 17 years will still call me "dude" when he gets excited about something. He also has a pretty bad stammer; years ago when we were first together it didn't bother me much, but now that I'm getting old and crotchety it drives me nuts. Have to stop my hand from doing the "continue" gesture (think about it and you'll do it too). His hearing is also getting a bit bad, to the point that conversations in the grocery store (sometimes about inappropriate subjects, like the women of walmart) can be heard several aisles away.

This day is call'd the feast of Crispian.
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say, "To-morrow is Saint Crispian."
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say, "These wounds I had on Crispin's day."
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words,
Harry the King, Bedford, and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day

My husband of 17 years will still call me "dude" when he gets excited about something. He also has a pretty bad stammer; years ago when we were first together it didn't bother me much, but now that I'm getting old and crotchety it drives me nuts. Have to stop my hand from doing the "continue" gesture (think about it and you'll do it too). His hearing is also getting a bit bad, to the point that conversations in the grocery store (sometimes about inappropriate subjects, like the women of walmart) can be heard several aisles away.
Assuming that he is about 60, you could trade him in for two 30's.

what is the opposite of a "vurp" ?

a "vurp" is when you go to burp & you get some puke along with it.

what is it when you go to vomit & all that comes out is air?

not a dry heave, where NOTHING comes out, but you go to puke & you get burps

just had a case of diverticulitis (gut infection) bad enough to put me in the ER & an overnight stay at the hospital.

THANK YOU!

not 100%, but feeling much better than I did on Wednesday

may have overdone it yesterday, walking around. but it was PUNKIN' CHUNKIN' weekend at a local farm.

I'd say if anyone understands why that couldn't be missed, it'd be you guys

So in my ongoing effort to be a grandma-in-training (kid is not pregnant but I can dream can't I?), I'm making homemade dinner rolls today to snack on during football. Little buggers won't rise. I can do all sorts of fun things with brewers yeast, that almost never fail; but bread yeast? Sitting on top of a warm oven, snuggled under parchment paper and a thick dishtowel? Nope. Gonna be snacking on chewy doughballs, I'm thinking. Oh well, at least I have some tasty beer....

Not so into the bi annual time changes. I'd prefer if it stayed on standard all the time. They all ready got us (to one degree or another) marching us around on their labor/duty/time construct in any case.

I guess I should not complain, as I got to have my first beer at 4:00PM, (which we all know is really 5:00), and also have one after 8:00 PM (which is now the new 7:00). Not remarkable in any way, but is a violation of my work day drinking protocols. For which I will no doubt pay...

Cheers, and hope you all have a safe Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our "I Voted" stickers includes hops, barley & grapes, a nod to our county's 47 wineries & 33 breweries

We're known more for horses, so I don't know YTF there's a cow

Dulles airport at the top

20221108_180106.jpg

Back