Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this weather doesn't affect the delivery date. I just sent an email to NCM. I haven't received the order confirmation yet, and that's odd.

I was wondering about that this morning as well. I just looked at the forecast for Hickory and it looks fine fo rthe rest of the week. Hopefully if they got a little behind yesterday and today they can catch up throughout the rest of the week. I guess we'll see what heppens. Hopefully they'll get back to you soon and at least we'll know what we're up against. It would really suck if it got pushed to next week. I have jury duty on Tuesday.

Everything is ready to go. Skee, they have our order scheduled to leave Hickory on Thursday, 13 Jan. That means that the grain will probably be at the brewery Thursday p.m. Is it ok to keep it there until Friday? Can you clear this with them? Also, the latest spreadsheet is updated. You can use it for the order. If I don't hear from Mike before Friday, I'll have an extra 3 bags of grain that needs to find a good home. See ya Friday. I plan to be there sometime around 12:00 or 1:00 p.m.

I'd love a bag of 2 row or pilsner (maybe both!) - I can send someone to pick it up ... PM me !
If not, do you have any idea when your next buy will be ? I was too late to get in this time !

Everything is ready to go. Skee, they have our order scheduled to leave Hickory on Thursday, 13 Jan. That means that the grain will probably be at the brewery Thursday p.m. Is it ok to keep it there until Friday? Can you clear this with them? Also, the latest spreadsheet is updated. You can use it for the order. If I don't hear from Mike before Friday, I'll have an extra 3 bags of grain that needs to find a good home. See ya Friday. I plan to be there sometime around 12:00 or 1:00 p.m.

I will go by there tonight and just make sure someone will be there Thursday to receive if it happens to show up. Most likely it won't be a problem. I think the brewers are there everyday during the week, and the tavern will be open anyway. I printed the spreadsheet yesterday to use for pickup. Has it changed at all since then?

I'm assuming that everyone will be showing up on Friday since no one has said that they can't make it. Other than Walker picking up Boston's that is. I just don't want to stand around waiting for someone that's not gonna show up. Thanks guys.

Is there a preferred time window you'd like us be to there on Friday? I get out of work around 4 and could be up there before 5pm. Is that fine, or are you trying to get everything picked up during the afternoon?

Is there a preferred time window you'd like us be to there on Friday? I get out of work around 4 and could be up there before 5pm. Is that fine, or are you trying to get everything picked up during the afternoon?

That's fine.

It would be great if we could get it all picked up by 5 or 6 for those that are working. If that doesn't work for someone just let me know and we can discuss it. It's not as big a deal this time if I have to wait since they will still be open, but I don't wanna have to stay there all night. We will work it out so we can fit everyone's schedule one way or another.

Thanks for the update. I'll be there around noon too.

So are you saying that someone will need to hold onto the bags until he can come pick them up, or are there 3 bags up for grabs right now?

At this point it is Reel's grain, as he paid for the order. It will be up to him when it becomes up for grabs. Wait for him to respond and we will go from there. He did say that if he doesn't hear from Mike before Friday then he would need to find it a home. Patience gentlemen. :D

At this point it is Reel's grain, as he paid for the order. It will be up to him when it becomes up for grabs. Wait for him to respond and we will go from there. He did say that if he doesn't hear from Mike before Friday then he would need to find it a home. Patience gentlemen. :D

Sorry man, its like when i start "twitch" buying stu"twitch"ff for brewing... I can't stop! LOL

Sorry man, its like when i start "twitch" buying stu"twitch"ff for brewing... I can't stop! LOL

Trust me, I know the feeling. No worries. Reel may have actually FINALLY had to go to work today, so he may not be on right away. Or he had ANOTHER day off and is sleeping in again.

Last one was in September. It's as often as people start asking and then however long it takes me to convince Reelale to do one. :cross: He's really the determining factor because he has the account with North Country.

Honestly, since they have opened a location in Hickory, NC with the right vehicle someone could jusy drive over there and pick up a fair amount if they had a pickup. I doubt you need an account to do that, but don't quote me on that.

Honestly, since they have opened a location in Hickory, NC with the right vehicle someone could just drive over there and pick up a fair amount if they had a pickup.

From here that is a 350 mile / 6 hour round-trip drive, plus time spent loading, unloading, money spent on gas, meals on the road, etc...

To make it worthwhile, IMO, the guy doing the pick-up would absolutely have to get his gas and food costs reimbursed, his grain for free, and probably some money in his pocket for having spent a day of his time running the errand.

How much is one day of your time worth, Ryan? :D

From here that is a 350 mile / 6 hour round-trip drive, plus time spent loading, unloading, money spent on gas, meals on the road, etc...

To make it worthwhile, IMO, the guy doing the pick-up would absolutely have to get his gas and food costs reimbursed, his grain for free, and probably some money in his pocket for having spent a day of his time running the errand.

How much is one day of your time worth, Ryan? :D

I drive a Subaru Impreza. So that's about a sack and a half before I'd be full. It was just a thought. People have done crazier things!

I got to sleep in some, but still had to go to work.

Anyway, barring word from Mike by Friday, the only bag that would be available is Vienna. Barc is already in line for the 2-row and Pils.

Skee, I updated the sheet last night. The grain portion shouldn't have changed, just had to remove the chemicals that Hickory didn't have. The one you have should be good.

I'll let everyone know when/if I hear from Mike.

Just got a PM from Mike. He's been snowed in with a broken computer. All grain is accounted for.

Last one was in September. It's as often as people start asking and then however long it takes me to convince Reelale to do one. :cross: He's really the determining factor because he has the account with North Country.

Honestly, since they have opened a location in Hickory, NC with the right vehicle someone could jusy drive over there and pick up a fair amount if they had a pickup. I doubt you need an account to do that, but don't quote me on that.

I drive past Hickory 4-6 times a years since my parents live in Marion. In the future I could be up for delivery boy, but it won't be until I get a new truck.

I plan on going there a little early, like noon or 1ish. If anyone decides they dont want to make the trip to Durham from Raleigh I can hold some malt for them. I live by Crossroads Shopping Center.

Reelale, does this mean we should wait until you get there or can we pick up our loot earlier and run? No problem either way...

I'm in charge now! Bow before the mighty skeeordye! Just kidding, but seriously I take care of the pickup and keep track of who gets what. You can grab and go as soon as we pull out your order.

See you guys tomorrow.

I'm in charge now! Bow before the mighty skeeordye! Just kidding, but seriously I take care of the pickup and keep track of who gets what. You can grab and go as soon as we pull out your order.

See you guys tomorrow.

Do you know the delivery time give or take a few? I'm assuming afternoon/work. Or is Friday still the day most people are coming?

Do you know the delivery time give or take a few? I'm assuming afternoon/work. Or is Friday still the day most people are coming?

Everyone is still picking up Friday, including me. At this point, I don't know anything more than what Reel said here:

The guys at Fullsteam are supposed to call/text/email me whenever it gets in. Once I get that message I will post here. If anyone does not have direct access to HBT and would rather I call or text them, they can PM me their # and I would be more than happy to do that. Once the grain leaves CM, it's at the driver's discretion when it gets delivered.

I take it there was no grain delivered today? Probably in the morning then. I'll give them a call to make sure.

skeeordye11 said:
I never heard from them to say that it was so that is my assumption.

Just checked the email again. They did say tentatively scheduled for today. I told them we needed it by tomorrow, so its probably leaving the warehouse in the morning.

I'm not gonna worry unless I show up at noon tomorrow and it's not there yet, but I'm hoping that won't happen.

Actually, I'm posting from Cancun. Got a killer airfare, and the weather is awesome. You know those drinks with the coconut? I think they call them pina coladas.....they are really good. Just wanted to say thanks, without all of your donations this wouldn't have been possible. Grain.....hahahahaha.

Oh, and Skee is still in charge of the delivery. Tehehehe.

Actually, I'm posting from Cancun. Got a killer airfare, and the weather is awesome. You know those drinks with the coconut? I think they call them pina coladas.....they are really good. Just wanted to say thanks, without all of your donations this wouldn't have been possible. Grain.....hahahahaha.

Oh, and Skee is still in charge of the delivery. Tehehehe.

Phew! I sure am glad I paid with a stolen credit card.

Just talked with Staci at NCM. The shipment left the warehouse yesterday. They must have take the long route. Anyway, she assures it will be delivered today. No time given.

got the buckets in my trunk and $ in my wallet, leaving work around 3. b-day party tonight and swmbo is sick, so probably can't stick around for a :mug:

Back