R.I.P. @Bracconiere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Jayjay sent me some of Bracc's details (more than I expected, but luckily I'm not the one the Marshals are hiding him from), I can confirm what seatazzz reported about the house being for sale. His local paper doesn't seem to have posted anything about him. A quick Google doesn't bring up any death notice or obituary.

I might have to go see if he ever checked us out on Facebook.

There is some overt internet stalking going on here. Very odd and disconcerting, in my mind anyway. I know this is a nice brewing community, but if somebody stops posting, I don't think y'all should form a search party. He knows where this forum is. He'll post when he's ready.

It's one thing to say "hey, wonder where bracc is". Wholly another to try to contact him by looking for his personal contact info, etc.
I do understand where you're coming from here. But the information we have is readily available on google. Not trying to impinge on anyone's privacy. We are not 'stalking', per se; just trying to find out what may have happened to a person we care about as a friend. As a community, we are here to help. Granted, most of that 'help' is to fellow homebrewers, regarding anything relating to homebrewing. But when one of those fellows just simply disappears from the forum, after posting daily (sometimes several times daily), with no mention of said disappearance looming, it stands to reason that we can get concerned. And want to help, if we can. That's the whole point of this thread. If he needs help, someone here may be able to provide it.

There is some overt internet stalking going on here. Very odd and disconcerting, in my mind anyway. I know this is a nice brewing community, but if somebody stops posting, I don't think y'all should form a search party. He knows where this forum is. He'll post when he's ready.

It's one thing to say "hey, wonder where bracc is". Wholly another to try to contact him by looking for his personal contact info, etc.
Yeah all great points, but I'd come looking for you all the same.

Most of us would.

Which leads me to my next point: "The Prodigal Son" is a perfect name for my new Elmer's paste stout.

Jayjay out

🎤

I do understand where you're coming from here. But the information we have is readily available on google. Not trying to impinge on anyone's privacy. We are not 'stalking', per se; just trying to find out what may have happened to a person we care about as a friend. As a community, we are here to help. Granted, most of that 'help' is to fellow homebrewers, regarding anything relating to homebrewing. But when one of those fellows just simply disappears from the forum, after posting daily (sometimes several times daily), with no mention of said disappearance looming, it stands to reason that we can get concerned. And want to help, if we can. That's the whole point of this thread. If he needs help, someone here may be able to provide it.
I don't have a dog in this fight per se, but 90% of the time when someone uses the phrase "per se", they certainly did mean to impugn.

Woof.

Mainly I wanted to see if he had died. After those couple google searches, signs point to him likely not being dead and maybe even alive. I think we can all safely assume something radical happened in his life, and unless he returns and shares that we just aren't going to know.

I'm certainly not going to fly over and start looking for him, nor am I going to try to phone in a missing persons report. I probably won't even send a letter to his last known address and hope he left a forwarding address with USPS.

I have also been torn about this, but given his nature I doubt he'd take offense about this group being somewhat anxious about his being...not here...

Cheers!
Do not presume to know a person solely by their internet presence. All who read this know what I'm saying. For example, while I do live in Florida, I'm actually Jamaican. Braided hair, beads, etc. Ya mon.

Additionally, there are things that happen in our lives that interrupt our normal behavior. Maybe we'd prefer to keep those private. For example, a few years ago my wife was arrested in Istanbul for forgery (recep erdogan , she is good at it). I had to fly there to pull her out of a a prison with money and a several cases of Marlboro Reds. Man they have good coffee there, though haha. Couldn't post here for several weeks. I don't need this forum digging into that and posting it to the world.

I don't have a dog in this fight per se, but 90% of the time when someone uses the phrase "per se", they certainly did mean to impugn.

Woof.
Per Se means by itself....so a dog in a fight with itself means pretty much chasing your own tail, and meaning to impugn that says you are disputing the truth of chasing that tail. Yah, google dictionary is my friend tonight. Also beer.

(all of this aside I do like you Jayjay, yes I did use 'per se' incorrectly, what I should have said was 'we are not stalking, 'exactly'...at least I think so)

Do not presume to know a person solely by their internet presence. All who read this know what I'm saying. For example, while I do live in Florida, I'm actually Jamaican. Braided hair, beads, etc. Ya mon.

Additionally, there are things that happen in our lives that interrupt our normal behavior. Maybe we'd prefer to keep those private. For example, a few years ago my wife was arrested in Istanbul for forgery (recep erdogan , she is good at it). I had to fly there to pull her out of a a prison with money and a several cases of Marlboro Reds. Man they have good coffee there, though haha. Couldn't post here for several weeks. I don't need this forum digging into that and posting it to the world.
Damn. Excellent points.

Per Se means by itself....so a dog in a fight with itself means pretty much chasing your own tail, and meaning to impugn that says you are disputing the truth of chasing that tail. Yah, google dictionary is my friend tonight. Also beer.

(all of this aside I do like you Jayjay, yes I did use 'per se' incorrectly, what I should have said was 'we are not stalking, 'exactly'...at least I think so)
Yeah I was just doing my shtick, we're good you know that. I like words and playing with them.

We'll get to you later :oops:
Right now we're all wondering about someone else. But thanks for your input...

Cheers!
Yeah but, narrows down our search just in case, so make a note of it. Gotta keep our peeps.

Also BTW, I'm a doughy middle-aged introverted beardo with a good head of hair and bad eyesight. Keep an eye out.

this is the newest form of internet entertain-wonderment I have ever witnessed, witness security or otherwise.

I mean, I am still mildly interested in home-malting from feed barley, but only mildly.

The dreadlocks thing threw me a bit. I won't lie.

But I'm on frickin vaca right now, in WCIPA-ville, biking my a$$ off up Mackenzie pass, so this nightly checkin is about as entertaining as things get.

this is the newest form of internet entertain-wonderment I have ever witnessed, witness security or otherwise.

I mean, I am still mildly interested in home-malting from feed barley, but only mildly.

The dreadlocks thing threw me a bit. I won't lie.

But I'm on frickin vaca right now, in WCIPA-ville, biking my a$$ off up Mackenzie pass, so this nightly checkin is about as entertaining as things get.
I feel a Neil Young song coming on.

We'll get to you later :oops:
Right now we're all wondering about someone else. But thanks for your input...

Cheers!
The point was a) don't assume you know him, and b) maybe he wants to stay lost - that's not your business. Sorry I wasn't more direct before. Bringing my dreadlocks into the convo was just an attempt to illustrate that.

Because you were interested in my hair, I'd like to admit I have an embarrassing black tatt on the side of my neck where there used to be a June Carter image. For some dumb reason they can't laser-remove neck tatts, so I had them black it out with more tatt, after learning that June was always the problem and not Johnny (Cash). But he was the man in black, so now when people ask me why I wear that black tatt, I can tell them it's for the poor and the beaten down.

uh, we are still in DRMM right?

If he wants to stay lost, interest in this thread will eventually die out. New members will come in to HBT, old members will move on to other things. I just don't want to give up without a good ol' college try in case we can help. That is all.

Angry emoji response because there is exactly ONE Neil Young song I can stand. The others suck donkey d*ck, in my opinion, including when he was with CSN. Ick. Harvest Moon, if you're wondering.
Can't disagree with you, but I do love CSN (and sometimes Y). Years ago, a friend gave me their 4-album best-of, and I've played it SO many times.

For some dumb reason they can't laser-remove neck tatts, so I had them black it out with more tatt

What lesson can we learn from this, boys and girls?

[Listens for a moment]

That's right. Save your neck for after you've inked up other parts of your body. Dermatologists have tons of experience removing tramp stamps, why not start with one of those?

What lesson can we learn from this, boys and girls?

[Listens for a moment]

That's right. Save your neck for after you've inked up other parts of your body. Dermatologists have tons of experience removing tramp stamps, why not start with one of those?
Exactly. Butterfly on the ankle, lower back trampstamp, that's the winner there. No neck! I'd also not recommend knuckle, which also is an issue. Cmon science!

Welp, I picked a hell of a night to go to bed early...

There seems to be some pearl-clutching over whether this is amounting to "stalking." I don't think it is.

A few members have Brac's contact info, only because Brac gave it to them at some point. No one has doxxed him. Those members who had his contacts reached out to him directly, discreetly and with good intentions. Brac may not have received it, or maybe he did and is ignoring it. Either way, someone who cares about his well-being has tried, and after no response, has left it alone. If I had a friend IRL who hasn't been heard from in a while, I would try to contact them to make sure everything is OK. If I didn't hear back, then I'd leave them be.

As far as "sleuthing," death notices and other online newspaper stuff is obviously public info. Real estate transactions are deemed public information. AFAIK, no one is digging into his personal background, looking for criminal records, using paid search sites, etc. Everyone has been discreet re Brac's contact info.

True, this is an online community and we really don't know much about the guy beyond what he has chosen to share. We can only speculate as to what is really going on, and many of us, myself included, have done some speculation. But Brac is a friend to us, nonetheless. If Brac wants to rejoin us, he will do so of his own volition. If not, then he's moved on to other things.

Nobody here is doing anything that would rise to the level of "stalking."

Last edited:
Really? Sounds like McKenzie Pass is almost 1000 miles away from San Diego.
Perspective, friend. When you are from, and I mean this quite literally, only 2 miles away from where Treehouse was for years, anything west of Rochester NY is pretty much WCIPA-vile. 🤪

Currently in Bend OR. Seem to be a few breweries here. Too bad SWMBO despise beer and brewing smells. The crosses we bear.

Back