Quick sanitation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthrobe

Reaction score
In the past, I have sanitized my keg, lines, and tap by soaking them in iodipher solution in a large bucket. I am currently building myself a new kegerator and got a little ahead of myself. I ended up attaching all the lines to the faucets and such without sanitizing the inside of everything first. So now my plan is to fill a keg with iodipher solution, charge it, and then flow it through the taps. I was thinking once the lines are full then to just shut the tap and let it sit for a bit. Then hook up another keg with sanitized water to clean the lines. Any opinions on this method:confused:

Idophor doesn't require a long set time if I recall. I think if you run 5 gals of solution through them that would be a long enough to do the job. I've never drained a full keg before but it seems like it would take at least 10-15 minutes at a lower pressure.

Back