Quick disconnect stuck to gas post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nman13

Reaction score
I cant get my quick disconnect out of the gas post. Any help? I pulled as hard as possible.... Its a brand new keg too.

Any help??

IMG_5084.jpg

That's not the gas post. That's the liquid out post. They have different connections and while it's pretty easy to get the connector on the wrong one, it's not so easy to get off. The gas post will have small scores around the nut section.

It will come of but you risk breaking the plastic quick connect. It's a risk you'll have to take. If it breaks, it breaks. The way I have done it is, thread the post back on the keg. Take a pair of channel lock pliers and open them up enough you can get them under the plastic flange thatsthat releases the connect. Put your fingers underneath the jaws of the pliers. Pull like hell.

Anything you can use for leverage will help. It will come off but be careful.

That's not the gas post. That's the liquid out post. They have different connections and while it's pretty easy to get the connector on the wrong one, it's not so easy to get off. The gas post will have small scores around the nut section.

It will come of but you risk breaking the plastic quick connect. It's a risk you'll have to take. If it breaks, it breaks. The way I have done it is, thread the post back on the keg. Take a pair of channel lock pliers and open them up enough you can get them under the plastic flange thatsthat releases the connect. Put your fingers underneath the jaws of the pliers. Pull like hell.

Anything you can use for leverage will help. It will come off but be careful.

Ya I just figured out that it was on the wrong one. Is there an easier way to get it off if I don't really care about salvaging the QD?

I Really just want to get the liquid post back in tact.

After remounting to the keg, twist the QD while rocking sideways a bit while pulling the sleeve up. Pliers as a last resort. Watch you face! With pliers, use a rag around the sleeve, and create a fulcrum somewhere with a screwdriver. Get an extra set of hands.

If that QD doesn't have the letters CMB embossed on them, make sure they don't leak. There's a bad batch of these white generics out there, reportedly.

Latest posts

Back