Question to perlick 650 flow control owners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kjuckett1025

Reaction score
Hi,

If I install these on my keezer, does it negate a reason to have 10ft of line, or would one still suggest to use 10ft of beer line?

Thanks!

Bump because I am ordering 4 of these faucets and wondering what the ideal line length would be for them.

I don't necessarily want to go super short, but I'm sure there is some sort of sweet spot.

Edit: I am planning on using Bevlex 200. 3/16 in ID, thickwall

I have one and don't find that it helps with balancing pressure much. It does not "close" or even come close to closing all the way. So, while it does slow down the flow, it doesn't seem to be creating much back pressure.

That is interesting. I seem to find reviews of these faucets all over the map.
Some say they love it because they can turn it "off" and not worry about the tap handle being bumped.
Many say they work exactly as expected, and even use it directly on a ball lock adapter.

I guess I'll just have to give it a try myself.

Flow controls are the best and it doesn't matter what length of hose you have

Well, that settles it.

I am ordering 4 650ss's and brewing a $#!t-ton of beer, then I will experiment with different lengths and diameters of beer line at different pressures and CO2 volumes. This shouldn't be too hard, because I already have a few beer lines with picnic taps on them that I haven't used for a while because they suck for my current system. So, I'll hook those up to the faucets and see just how adjustable they are.

I will then report back with my opinions.

Back