Question about Perlick faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Want2Brew

Master of None
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Perlick faucet a few months ago and did not have a faucet wrench to install it with and could not get it to seal up on the shank so I ordered a wrench and tried to install the faucet over the weekend and still can't get it to tighten up enough to seal? Are all shanks splined and sized the same or is the one I have some odd ball that is causing me trouble? Any one else have this problem? Thanks in advance.

Is there an o-ring there that gets pressed between the shank and faucet? I have had one fall out before.

I don't have a wrench and managed to easily seal my perlicks by hand. I don't remember there being a snap ring in mine either. I have taken apart completely more than once for cleaning.

Had the same problem with 2 new Perlick Perls I bought recently. Wanted to add an additional tap to my existing tower, but after taking the old faucet off I couldn't get either Perlick to tighten up on the old shank. But, I had no problem putting one on the new shank I bought, so I think the old shank is just a POS. Gonna order a new one and hopefully it will work.

I don't have a wrench and managed to easily seal my perlicks by hand. I don't remember there being a snap ring in mine either. I have taken apart completely more than once for cleaning.

Not on the faucet, on the shank. The snap ring holds the collar that screws onto the faucet threads. On my shanks, (bought from two places), there are two groves for the snap ring, and sometimes it's on the inner groove and sometimes it's on the outer. For Perlicks, the farther groove from the faucet seems to space the snap ring correctly to hold the collar to seat the faucet. I was very confused when I got one shank with the snap ring on the outer groove, and couldn't make it tighten up.

Back