Question about carbonation with CO2 tank (or not carbing)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeering

Reaction score
Wokring on another project and looking to pressurize (lightly) some bottles to use as dispensers.

Was wondering a couple things:

1. What pressure can I use to allow dispensing, but not carbonate the liquid (which is liquor)?

2. Can a paintball tank be filled with normal compressed air (so I dont have to worry about carbonation)?

Also any ideas on other ways to dispense the liquor would help

I'd go with nitrogen or argon, just turn the pressure up until it starts flowing. I know liquor is much more stable than beer or wine, but I'm not sure if it would slowly react with the oxygen in air if you put it in a pressurized vessel.

Any amount of CO2 pressure is going to carbonate the liquid slightly. Air won't carbonate it but may speed up oxidation. Nitrogen and argon are both inert and nearly insoluble.

I havent dealt with nitrogen, Im looking for a small 9oz ish sized tank. And is it easy to find places to refill the nitrogen?

Latest posts

Back