Quality Wins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Here's one. I made the crust....with brewers yeast...

ForumRunner_20130317_202029.jpg

Oh yeah! and my cards are the #1 seed.....;)

Cheezy is a cards fan? Nice!
I always picture the big dogs on this site living in obscure places, like northern Michigan or central Idaho.

Cheezy is a cards fan? Nice!
I always picture the big dogs on this site living in obscure places, like northern Michigan or central Idaho.

Louisville is an AWESOME town. It just keeps getting better, and a #1 seed, not to mention PLAYING IN LEXINGTON GAME 1....WHEN U OF K GETS TO NOT PLAY GAME 1...........ANYWHERE;)

Cheers man! Look me up if you come into town.

UK gets to play game 1.. in the NIT. Nice lookin' pizza!

Hell yes! lol.

I hate to poke fun at U of K at this point. U of L trounced them in football, and then TROUNCED FLORIDA in their bowl game!!!!

"Just wait til basketball!" said all of the U of K fans.....

OK! What am I looking for? (OOPS! I poked fun)

Had leftover pizza for lunch. I have taken to using olive oil and herbs and pepper to dip the crust in, YUM!

1) Nice looking pizza, even if no anchovies.
2) From 1961-1983 my favorite team was the Bullets. From 1968-1981 the Bullets had the best ever Cardinal.
3) I have Louisville beating Indiana 86-83.
4) I thought the Mercer Bears were going to be first round fodder to a #1 like Louisville, but Florida Gulf Coast upset us. So off to the NIT. This season the Bears beat a 20-12 #1 seeded Alabama in Tuscaloosa, so then the Bears can beat a 20-12 #2 seeded Tennessee in Knoxville. Go Bears.

I would see this thread right before lunch....LOOKS AWESOME! :rockin:

why thank you sir!

I do it for fun, but when you consider that $4.53 worth of ingredients makes a pizza (cookie sheet sized) that is that good and so much better than anything you could order for less than $30........

Makes ordering pizza seem kinda silly.

Homemade dough is EASY! I plan to save and dry yeast cakes going forward. Bread yeast is cheap, but why pay for it when you can use a hand groomed strain like notty or WL irish ale??

Would you mind sharing your dough recipe?

I used to make homemade pizza all the time but I never had real good success with the dough so I would buy that frozen bread dough and just use that, much easier.
IMG_1549.JPG

I find the use of brewing yeast for pizza dough intriguing.

Would you mind sharing your dough recipe?

I used to make homemade pizza all the time but I never had real good success with the dough so I would buy that frozen bread dough and just use that, much easier.
IMG_1549.JPG

I find the use of brewing yeast for pizza dough intriguing.

we use this one at home all the time

14 oz by weight AP flour
2 tea dry active yeast
2 tea sugar
1 tea salt
3 oz oil of your choosing
8 oz hot water
combine dry ingredients and mix well with dough hook
add oil and incorporate
add water and kneed until smooth and clear about 10 min
place in covered oiled bowl and let rise untill doubled knock down and let rise again

Mine is too easy....as in it aint writ down......

I get a big pot, I put in it some water. I put it on the stove low heat.

I add a 2 tsp of yeast or so and 1 tsp of sugar.

Let the yeast start to get happy and the water get warm.

Add 1 tbsp of olive oil (or bacon grease if you have it) and 1 tsp of salt

I then add flour a little at a time until it is a reasonably....not too sticky consistency.

It should be moist, but not soggy. Experience will tell you that it is right.

Oil that up, rinse the pot with hot water to get the bits of flour out, and then add the oiled dough ball back to the warm pot. put lid on. off the heat.

Let it rise 45 minutes or so. In the warmth, it should at least double. Use then, or refrigerate.

It will be best after a week in the fridge, but is damned good at 1 hour if rolled out. If you want to toss it, it will need more time and a little kneading.

SO EASY!

Cool recipes. I'll add mine:

1-800-Dominoes...mmmmm....so good....

(not mocking, I truly appreciate hand-crafted pizza, just feeling saucy is all (and punny, apparently))

I appreciate the link. I was all settled in to read, when in an attempt to demonstrate that different things are good at different times, dude says this:
The Pizza Lab said:
"I like lager, my wife likes lager, sometimes cider."
Seriously, what kind of statement was this? He seemed to be trying to demonstrate that different crusts are good at different times, just as lager is good 99% of the time with the odd cider once a year????:drunk:

My snap-judgement mind is trying to scream ******! for 5 or 6 different reasons.

Yes it is possible that a person can be knowledgeable about beer, and still like lagers and not ales. Possible. 99.99999% of the time though, a statement like this is an example of someone trying to sound knowledgeable about something they know NOTHING about.

I will assume that he knows more about pizza crust and I will try to read it later.

The Pizza Lab said:
THE RATIOS (FOR THE NERDS):
All-purpose or bread flour: 100%
Salt: 2%
Instant yeast: 1.5 %
Water: 65%
(from the same article)

Do they state it differently for bread recipes? Do you really end up with 168%? Yes I can figureout what he means, but is this right?

there are links to the actual normal recipes on the page at the top right side

That's new to me, what is docking in this lexicon?

that's when you roll your dough a docker. a dough docker is like a rolling pin with spikes on. you roll it over the dough to perforate it to keep it from bubbling. most ppl just use a fork

Louisville is an AWESOME town. It just keeps getting better, and a #1 seed, not to mention PLAYING IN LEXINGTON GAME 1....WHEN U OF K GETS TO NOT PLAY GAME 1...........ANYWHERE;)

Enjoy it while you can bro, that said I am pulling for the cards so you're welcome in advance.

Ohhh I need one! We do gluten free vegan (wifey, not me) dough and you can build a bunker with it if you don't get it right.

cheezydemon3 said:
Yeah crapola. The key is probably the 900F.

My stove goes to 550..........

Yep, that pellet grill will go to 900+ on the fire pot side, comes in handy for pizza and steaks. Your pie does look very tasty btw... Never tried brew yeast with bread but thanks to you I think I might just have to try it.

Yeah crapola. The key is probably the 900F.

My stove goes to 550..........

It really is the good pizza kitchens use a wood stove that reaches 800+ keeps the toppings fresh tasting while cooking the dough as fast as it can.

Cheezy, have you tried using a grill? Propane won't hit 900F, but it gets hotter than my oven. I've thought about it because of the pizza making forum, but haven't done it yet cause my wife is crazy picky about pizza crust.

image-3824340369.jpg

12" pizza pan for the grill! I think she found it at world market. So far I've only used it once. Not bad at all, who doesn't love smokey pizza?

Cheezy, have you tried using a grill? Propane won't hit 900F, but it gets hotter than my oven. I've thought about it because of the pizza making forum, but haven't done it yet cause my wife is crazy picky about pizza crust.

I have with success, but it is DIFFERENT.

To get it to work, I had to lube the bottom of the crust with olive oil and just let it flame (lid shut). It makes fantastic pizza, but not exactly wood oven.

Back