Putting the Labor in Labor Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Much to my astonishment, it hasn't rained in the last two days. Here's why I was expecting it:

img_5856-56287.jpg

Seven and a half yards of compost, all of which has to be wheel-barreled down to the back yard through a narrow gate and around our many decks and plantings.

Not shown: the 7.5 yards of top soil delivered to the front yard.

What are you laboring at this weekend?

Ha, I just moved 9 yards of mulch this week and 5 yards of wood chips last week, all by wheel-barrow. I'm officially done moving piles of landscaping stuff. This weekend will hopefully be spent grilling, drinking beer, and lounging around on the boat. :)

Painting. We moved into our newly built house about a month ago and my wife will not rest until every last white wall is painted some color. I'm officially burned out and she keeps wanting more and more done. Now it's stenciling every wall in our bedroom. Ugh, time to pour a cold one and grab a roller.

I have a Sprinter too! Love that van for some reason. It is a bit of a money pit though...

Just my regular job; there's a couple guys on vacation & the rest of us have to fill in. At least it's holiday pay on top of overtime. :ban:
Regards, GF.

Regular work. No OT but we get a holiday check twice a year to cover that anyway. I haven't ever had a Labor Day off. Unfortunately hundreds of thousands of people, a good portion who never work, chose that day to be their cultural holiday. Awesome.

Carpet cleaning and cleaning the kitchen and washing the floor. Between the flood I had under my sink that I fixed this week, building my keezer in my living room since I don't have an sort of work shop, and the beer spill I had when all my taps got knocked open at once, I have sticky floors and dirty carpets, so I'm going to tackle the kitchen today, rent a steamer on the way home from church tomorrow to bang that out on Sunday.

Monday I plan on brewing with MustangJay and some others.

We are going out to harvest wild rice- it's almost always ripe around Labor Day.

It's hard work but it's fun, too. The actual hardest part is the processing of the wild rice after it's harvested.

I'll try to remember to take a few pictures today, since many people don't have wild rice around their areas.

Latest posts

Back