Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw these guys live in 2007 at TKO Record's 10th Anniversary party...really good show.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right. That was off of their first album, when they were just skins. Still a pack of assh*les though.

Switching gears....two of the finest musical minds of our times: Lux Interior and Poison Ivy.

[ame]http://youtu.be/rVLpaiH2hbQ[/ame]

You're right. That was off of their first album, when they were just skins. Still a pack of assh*les though.

Switching gears....two of the finest musical minds of our times: Lux Interior and Poison Ivy.

http://youtu.be/rVLpaiH2hbQ

Eh. First album apolitical my arse. I'm not convinced Ian wasn't always a bonehead. Can't speak for the rest of em.

And I never really got into psychobilly, but I always got a kick out of the Cramps.

Eh. First album apolitical my arse. I'm not convinced Ian wasn't always a bonehead. Can't speak for the rest of em.

Yeah, it's a muddy issue. The original members outright disowned the band after Stuart rebranded them in 82 or 83 (or whenever), and none of the songs or lyrics on that first album are pro-fascist or racist. His intentions?...you're probably right, he probably always had racist leanings. That kind of mentality doesn't form out of thin air.

And I don't want to undersell it, but the Cramps are quite possibly the greatest band to ever walk the face of the Earth.

Love that band and that song! First time I heard them was on this album called punk you: the slacker generation. I think. Had some great stuff. X-ray spex cocksparrer good album.

They are great. One of the all time greats.

X-Ray Spex were awesome! RIP Poly Styrene

[ame]http://youtu.be/4CYrJ1POzns[/ame]

Love the lux interior! I feel for Ivy, what a R&R couple! As far as the politics of punk, Who ****ing cares! I like it, the first album of skrewdriver is great! Early GG is great! Early most punk bands is the best, then they turn too ****? I fukin' hate about 92.36% of any type of category of music be it black metal~Punk~Garage~surf~ I just like good Rock~Roll!

Most punk bands get worse as time goes on. A handful of them get better. Of the few I can think of that got better The Casualties and The Unseen are two of the more prominent bands.

image-253407839.jpg

Attachments

• image-2659374432.jpg
    image-2659374432.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 103
My 30th birthday show. I am bassist. Singer is a buddy from another band who we had come up onstage to sing "I Turned into a Martian"

V__CD2F.jpg

Yesterday I found out that Face To Face just put out another album. I gave it a listen and some songs are good, but they're not as good as they used to be. That's disappointing...

Laugh now laugh later wasnt that bad, but they are both leaps and bounds better than Ignorance is Bliss.
There was a collection called Shoot the Moon that is pretty fantastic.

Boston's Toxic Narcotic has a song about homebrew just FYI, its called "homebrew". Speaking of Boston I'm amped up to see the Dropkick Murphys again this summer!

I wonder if there are any crusties into homebrewing. Is yeast vegan? Yeast is murder!!! Just kidding, anyways this one's a classic:

[ame]http://youtu.be/uwr9qWjdUS8[/ame]

Dolomieu said:
yes yeast is vegan but if you clear your beer with gelatin, your beer isn't. I know some crusty SOBs

All my beers have been vegan but soon I'm gonna do a bacon beer lol and my wife won't try it

yes yeast is vegan but if you clear your beer with gelatin, your beer isn't. I know some crusty SOBs

But yeast is ALIVE!!!!!!

Just kidding. I never met a crust punk who would turn down beer, so I assume it's vegan.

Although...technically a whole heap of Belgian style beers probably wouldn't make the cut. If they've got white table sugar in them.

I've met a handful of folks who would turn down both bread and beer because of the yeast. These folks weren't crusties though, more stupid hippies. Most crusties I've met don't ***** about eggs in bread when they pull it out of a dumpster. However, many of them aren't aware that gelatin or isinglass are used in beer. A friend of mine is a die hard vegan, and was upset to learn one of her favorites used isinglass (she also is not a crust punk).

We could talk semantics and ethics of beer-centric micro-organisms all day. Or we could rock out.

[ame]http://youtu.be/PsuOeFiKoXo[/ame]

But yeast is ALIVE!!!!!!

Just kidding. I never met a crust punk who would turn down beer, so I assume it's vegan.

Although...technically a whole heap of Belgian style beers probably wouldn't make the cut. If they've got white table sugar in them.

its under the fungi family i believe. i've got no skin that game. i just know some and they get bummed if i use any finning agents.

btw ive been listening to a lot of melvins. they just played in town but i missed them.

Anyone going to Riot Fest??

Dolomieu said:
its under the fungi family i believe. i've got no skin that game. i just know some and they get bummed if i use any finning agents.

btw ive been listening to a lot of melvins. they just played in town but i missed them.

Anyone going to Riot Fest??

I'm not but which one you referring to?

The Toronto lineup looks like crap but I would go if I was up there just to see grade since I haven't seen them before

Back