Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino Stout Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zsprowls

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just brewed a Pumpkin Spice Stout that is currently bottle conditioning right now, but I got another idea.

I was sitting with my fiance, and she was drinking this pumpkin spice iced cappuccino from Tim Hortons. I stole a sip and instantly though it would make an interesting beer. Graham Crackers, coffee, pumpkin spices, milk, etc. I have a thought on the recipe, but I want to see what anyone else has to say about it.

1 gallon batch - 60 min boil:

Steep:
-2 oz Debittered Black Patent
-2 oz Biscuit Malt
-1 box graham crackers

Malt
-1.5 lbs Muntons Plain Light DME

Additions:
-60 min:1/5 oz Northern Brewer Hops
-20 min: 2 oz Lactose

Secondary:
-1 tbs pumpkin spice soaked in a small amount of vodka to sanitize
-4 oz cold steeped coffee (not sure what kind yet... I have a friend that is real into free trade coffee so I will have him line up some possible beans).

Let me know what you think and what changes you would make!

Thanks!

I don't know if the flavors would be readily available, but there are some chewing gums that taste EXACTLY like a lemon cheesecake, etc. It is the weirdest thing, it make me think of Willy Wonka, as the gum is chewed the flavors change, and they have many "dessert" sugar free gums available

That would be interesting but way less fun haha. I'm all about using extracts to enhance a brew (especially when you make your own extract) but I think it would be way more fun to try another route.

Latest posts

Back