Pumpkin Spice All the Things!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkin Spice All the Things!

• Yes! I know what's good, and pumpkin spice is good!

• No. My tongue is broke.

• Only pumpkin pie. I'm scared of change.

• Only in beer. At least you've got that going for you.

• Never in beer. My views are quite draconian.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zuljin

I come from the water
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I love it! I'm gonna marry it! Pumpkin spice beer. Pumpkins spice latte. Pumpkin spice muffins. Gimmegimmegimme!

I don't see the hate.

Even Denny has a thing against pumpkin beers, and he puts all kinds of crazy sht in his beers!

If nobody liked them, nobody would brew them.

After being inundated with pumpkin spiced every thing since like July 1, I HATE the idea of pumpkin anything.

I want to get rid of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving as a result.

You people are nuts. Pumpkin latte' is especially dumb. THERE IS NO PUMPKIN IN YOUR COFFEE AT STARBUCKS. QUIT PRETENDING YOUR SOY MILK NON FAT TRIPLE SACCHARINE LOADED WITH FAKE FLAVOR CRAP IS 'AUTUMNAL'. IT'S DUMB AND YOU SOUND STUPID.

Ok, I feel a bit better now. But put your pumpkin away and no one will get hurt.

The spice must flow.

spice.jpg

I drink about one pumpkin spiced beers a year. I try to always drink the one, just because. I don't want pumpkin spiced anything else but pumpkin pie. I usually go for the pecan pie, though.

Pumpkin tatses like pumpkin. It's a faint flavor. The spice is where it's at.

July? I won't have it before September. I enjoy it being seasonal. Same as eggnog.

I'll seek out the pumpkin spice, the Halloween, and the Christmas themed beers.

Image link fail but Werewolf is good. We get it on tap every year.

So, what's you're saying is that if you added pumpkin pie spice to Werewolf it would taste better.

The spice must flow.

The Kyle MacLachlan version! At the time I thought it was a really cool movie. Then I read the book.

So glad they made a better version later.

FWIW I don't think I've seen a single Pumpkin Spice thing around yet this year. But then, I'm not looking for it either.

After being inundated with pumpkin spiced every thing since like July 1, I HATE the idea of pumpkin anything.

You people are nuts. Pumpkin latte' is especially dumb. THERE IS NO PUMPKIN IN YOUR COFFEE AT STARBUCKS. QUIT PRETENDING YOUR SOY MILK NON FAT TRIPLE SACCHARINE LOADED WITH FAKE FLAVOR CRAP IS 'AUTUMNAL'. IT'S DUMB AND YOU SOUND STUPID.

Ok, I feel a bit better now. But put your pumpkin away and no one will get hurt.

LOL!

15108135.jpg

The wife and I had funky pumpkin on tap at boulevard over the weekend. Rather nice. My favorite pumpkin related beer though is a pumpkin seed beer. No spices, just some nuttiness from the toasted seeds, from Scratch brewing down in southern IL.

And now the phrase "how many calories in sperm" is part of my search history.

0.7 to 7 is the going estimate, by the way.

I hate pumpkin to begin with, and adding a bunch of spices to it does not make it any better, or any more edible. I have had one pumpkin beer in my life (Big boss Harvest Time Pumpkin Ale), and it was one of the nastiest things I have ever put in my mouth. The only reason I got it was because it was Brewery night, and I wanted the glass it was in. There is no way I will ever drink another one, and I definitely will NEVER be brewing one.

Hear ye hear ye, I say onto thee that ye not fear the orange gord. Spice shall compliment neigh cover the beer. Be mindful the gord, respect it and thou shalt be rewarded, abuse it and thou shalt find ruin and ants.

This poll is biased. You're missing a "No, I can't dump that garbage spice out quick enough" or the "Yes yes yes, I'm currently sitting in a tub with 11 pumpkin spice bath bombs fizzing around me" option.

Gotta cover ALL ends of the spectrum with this :ban:

Had Oddside Ales' Unicorn Killer Pumpkin Spice ale last night. Pretty good. Kind of run down after Saturday's beer festival, but it was still tasty. Much less spice flavor than I expected, so it was nice.

Still haven't seen pumpkin beers hitting the supermarket yet. Might have to head to a bigger liquor store to get my fix, or just brew one up! Probably sometime before thanksgiving I'll brew my yearly pumpkin beer.

Oh they're here in Virginia in full fall colors. Pumpkin is everywhere. One of our members made a pumpkin beer following our experimental big brew last weekend. I'm thinking of brewing one in the next two weeks.

Sadly I agree. I make Pumpkin Spice Lattes for my job, it sucks.

Back