PubKeg Tapping Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

globe

Reaction score
I got a really great deal on a keg of mead from a local meadery. I have a corny system so I bought a Sanke tapper and corny adapter pieces. That all went together fine. This is a plastic keg and the coupler is plastic is as well. When screw in the tap and lock it down the tap slowly unscrews and pops off. Right now i have some card board and boxes wedging it in so it will not unscrew. Am I doing something wrong or is the plastic just too slick to grip onto the tap? Has anyone ever seen this? This is my first experience with sanke, and I am just assuming a metal keg would be fine, but lots of places use these pub kegs so they must be ok.

Sanke taps look like they are only tapered for part of the rotation and it shoudl eventually sit on a flat part. Are you sure you are twisting the the tap all the way before trying to lock it down? You should be twisting all the way to some stops.

Back