Project Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears the body of the post was left out. Some of these questions have been addressed in other threads but I was just trying to get some clarity.

I have read several others taking on similar projects and had a few questions before I start. I am new to brewing and decided to jump in the deep end with this project. I am very excited to get going and begin brewing.

I recently came across an older Hot Point side by side as well that I am attempting to convert into a kegerator/ fermentation chamber. The model number is CSX22GR BG. I have contacted GE and they e-mailed a copy of the wiring diagram. I consider myself somewhat handy but am a novice as far as electrical work. I have read several threads on people taking on projects like this using the Love TSS2 Dual Temperature Control switch. Is this something that would be recommended with this unit as well? It seems that all of the cooling takes place on the freezer side and a fan moves the cool air to the fridge side. I am a novice so I may be wrong. I am basically trying to regulate the temperature on the freezer side to serving temp as this is where my corny kegs will be stored and regulate the fridge side temperature for fermenting ales. I do not think that I can do this with the factory switches/ thermostat. As you can tell I am a little lost and not sure where to begin.

I also read about a lot about the Digital STC-1000 All-Purpose Temperature Controller (cheaper but not sure if it is better). Also would it be necessary to install a different fan or can the factory fan be utilized to push air from the freezer side to the fridge side? I have seen several people install a 120 VAC PC fan

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for such a long post with all of the questions. I have seen how helpful some of the veterans can be.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back