Problem with my CDN dtq450x thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewHandicapper

...likes to drink and gamble
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was temping my mash water the other day and while watching my cdn thermometer it would tick up by .2/.3 degrees at a time, then at 160 degrees it jumped straight to 165 degrees. Thought it was a fluke but checked it anyway by heating up a small pot of water and sure enough it did it again. Straight from 160 - 165.
So tonight I took out the battery and reinstalled, and it did it again. So I decided to calibrate it in some ice water. Put it in and it read 32.4 which is close enough for my brewing but decided to calibrate it anyway and then I tried it again and this time it jumped from 159.6 degrees to 164.6. Has anyone else had a problem like this. Is there a fix or ?.....
Thanks for any help you can give me.

I had that exact same issue with mine! At 160, it would hold for a while, then shoot up. Sent it back, replacement seems to work fine.

Well life got in the way for awhile and I just got around to sending it back today. Realized I never said thanks to Bobby for getting back to me so quick. Usually I thank people within 6 months but a whole year is just plain rude. ☺. So sorry and thank you Bobby.

Latest posts

Back