Prime dose capsules

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dejotra

Reaction score
So I just bottled a bacon red ale using the prime dose capsules to try them out and did not realize that I needed to put 2 in each 12oz bottle. Anyone out there as dumb as me? Will it carbonate enough? Should I open them back up and add 1? Any thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Unless you want under carbed beer.... I'd get to adding some more

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I was pretty interested in trying these... BUT at the price for having to use 2-3 per bottle... the cost is just too much for me.

Yeah this is actually my first time bottling. I went straight to kegs when I first started. They definitely are expensive and not worth it. Especially now that I know it takes 2 per bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I am experimenting with the same capsules. I am doing 5 gallons priming sugar and 5 gallons prime dose. I really want to see if the prime dose does make it finish better or with a big difference. If it makes my beer finish that much better I will stick with them. It may be worth the cost. I always want to offer good/great beer to sway those who think home brew is swill not meant to be drank by the common man.

If you ask me prime dose is worth the extra cost. It is as advertised. When I did the side by side the difference in carbonation was noticeable. The consistency in carbonation I had with prime dose was something I have never had before. It was great. I don't claim to be an expert home brewer the issue I always had was with consistent carbonation, this solved it for me. so if you don't have a problem gaining consistent results in carbonation using your current method I would say stick with that, because prime dose is not cheap, but if this is one thing that is an issue like it was for me give them a try.

Back