Primary fermenter leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of fermenter and where are the leaks? Air leaks or liquid leaks? Obviously you don't want wort/beer getting out but if it's just air leaks around the seals, that's fine (and somewhat preferred, helps prevent blow-offs!)

Yo Senior 6, you might want to answer the question. And why Senior 6, Senior Fire Fighter? Thought you made Captain, but then again you aren't the senior in your house?

What kind of fermenter and where are the leaks? Air leaks or liquid leaks? Obviously you don't want wort/beer getting out but if it's just air leaks around the seals, that's fine (and somewhat preferred, helps prevent blow-offs!)

its a plastic 5 gal. bucket and the leaks are around the lid, thanks for the information I just want the first batch to be good.

That's fine, just be careful when moving the bucket around so as to not make a mess.

Gotta figure that the seal isn't good, call DeFalcos and see what they say. I've had some crazy fermentation, but never leaked.

If you read enough post by the ELDERS on this site you realize it's never a loss, and I definitely agree with Jaycount. However still call DeFalcos because I think you might have gotten a bad sealed fermentornlid.. They should be able to simply replace the lid.

Latest posts

Back