Possible orange monster?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhoneycutt

Reaction score
Made NB's dead ringer 4 weeks ago and added 1/4 ounce of Brewers best sweet orange peel. Problem is after bottling today as I dumped the yeast cake down the drain I discovered id accidentally dumped in the orange peel into the primary. Considering it had boiled for the last 5 minutes will there be issues other than what's desired?

My personal opinion is no. You boiled it so it should be sanitary, there's some wild yeast on some peels like that, and other than some rind bitterness possibly I wouldn't think there'd be a problem. Plus that may be mistaken for hops.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

My personal opinion is no. You boiled it so it should be sanitary, there's some wild yeast on some peels like that, and other than some rind bitterness possibly I wouldn't think there'd be a problem. Plus that may be mistaken for hops.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So it shouldn't be overly orangey?

I've put 2oz of dry peel in a 5g boil...With 1/4 oz you are going to be just fine, even if it was in the primary.

Call me crazy, but you could....taste the beer?

I did but as I was racking to bottling bucket. Not sure how it'd change after carving.

Latest posts

Back