portuguese champagne corker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcampo

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to cork champagne bottles with the Portuguese floor corker?

I just bought one for corking my Belgians and it is in route to my house, but I realized through further research that it doesn't do champagne bottles supposedly . I thought it would be neat if I can cork champagne bottles for Saisons and cider, but without spending a lot for that kind of corker. I thought maybe someone out there knows of some kind of trick to cork champagne bottles with the Portuguese corker?

Ive read the same thing for Belgian bottles. Does it work for champagne bottles as well? Because I have also read that the champagne corks are too big for the Portuguese corker; I hope im wrong

Champagne corks will not fit in a Portugese corker, they are too big. They specifically make corkers and attachment arms for larger corks/bottles

Yes, Belgian corks will work in champagne bottles. All beers I've bought in champagne bottles have come with Belgian corks. I'm not sure you would want to use champagne corks for beer anyway as the lower carbonation volume might make it hard to open.

Back