Portland to Eugene

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jready

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers! I am meeting some buddies for golf in Bandon Dunes in the spring. Thinking I will turn it in to a beer tour too. Would love recommendations for places in or around Portland and Eugene. Thinking of flying in early and a leisurely 3 day drive down.

I am willing to wander for good beer! Thoughts?

Portland: Cascade, Hair of the Dog
Tillamook: de Garde
Pacific City: Pelican

Also - don't overlook the Willamette valley if you enjoy wine.

+1 on the wine recommendation. There are some outstanding wineries up and down the willamette valley. I was out there for a pistol match last year and our favorite day was the one we went to emerson vineyards and airlie winery, and then to rogue farms taproom. All our located on the west side of the river a bit north of albany.

Pelican is a great recommendation if you get out all the way to the beach, we also really enjoyed santiam in salem, but you can pretty much just drive around randomly, and every 30 mins or so check yelp or similar for the best brewery within a couple miles, and you'll likely find some gems.

Great options there. Maybe you should meet your buddies for a beer tour and play golf as a side?[emoji12]

Portland: Breakside, Commons, Cascade, Hopworks, Hair of the Dog, Ex Novo.
Mid Valley: Block 15.
Coast: De Garde.
Eugene: Coldfire, Alesong, Falling Sky.

Love this idea! Maybe a tough sell though. Thank you all for the recommendations! Keep them coming.

Latest posts

Back