Poor Quality Control at Northernbrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smata67

Reaction score
My last four orders or so have been from NB and I really appreciate their broad selection and excellent recipes. But I just discovered they once again sent the wrong grain. My Ofest (based on theirs) has a pound of dark munich and five of munich. I got 6 munichs. I'm brewing tomorrow. Yes I should have checked my shipment and I did, but I was only looking at the labels. The munich has a dark munich label on it. Two shipments ago, similar problem, an incorrect bag of grain. Just venting. Check your NB shipments, they have been wrong 50% of the time for me.

I just found the error tonight while sorting my ingredients for a brew tomorrow. I'm sure they would offer to send me a replacement, but I'm brewing tomorrow and don't think it will get here by 8am.

I've had 1 screwup in 4 kits from them. Have your order number handy & their cust service was excellent - sent the missing item free and fast ( I checked upon receipt so didn't impact brew day). They threw in a free glass too.

*that* brings up something interesting tho - the glass was charged to "Oops". Do they screw up that often that they need the accounting category ,or is it just a hallmark of good customer service?

Edit: will probably buy from them again as their recipe instructions are top notch.

I have ordered 10 or 15 times from them and never had a problem. They do a lot of orders and are bound to make mistakes. A mark of a good company is how they make up for their mistakes.

I got the wrong yeast with my kit a while back. Their customer service was great, told me to keep the old one and sent the right one right away. I got it in like two days IIRC.
Give them a call if you haven't, I'm sure they'll make it up to you somehow.

Same with agodfrey11. At least 10+ orders from NB, no problems yet. The fact that they're willing to take a loss on their mistake in some of these situations speaks volumes about how much they care about their customer base.

I've ordered from NB too many times to count. The only issue I ever had, was when I bought three cases of cobalt blue bottles they had on super super sale. All three cases were packed in a much larger box (which was not damaged), and one vase had a few broken bottles in it ( which I would guess didn't happen in shipment). They send me matching bottles to replace the broken ones and....a free tulip glass. Great folks to deal with!

Latest posts

Back