Pods and moving truck alternatives.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastAndy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with those "pods" type moving slash storage containers? I need to get t 2 bedroom apartment belongings from Vegas to Reno. Not a terribly long drive, I'd just rather my spend too much on gas if we can avoid it.

Cheers

I looked into those pods before making a thousand mile move a few years back. They literally told me if I was looking for the most economical moving/storage option it wasn't going to be them. They offer a special service and they charge a premium for it. Price was a factor so I didn't end up going with them but it was kinda nice for them to be honest about what they offer and charge up front.

I used Pods in 2009 when we staged our old house for sale. More to store our extra stuff that we wanted out of sight. I called a local moving company and they sent a 53' trailer and 4-5 guys. Our move was only ~15 miles and cost was about $1,200.

Vegas to Reno is a good distance, have you checked with a company like ABF? They will drop off a Trailer for you to load and then you just call them to pick it up and take it to the destination.

I haven't checked with anyone like ABF yet. I just hot a quote from pods and it was insane. $1800 and five days transit time. Reno is 450 miles from me and I understand that my pod wouldn't be a special run by itself but that seems ridiculous. We can do a 16' moving truck with fuel for probably just under $400 so that may be our best bet.

Back