Plum wine questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneArcher

Reaction score
Last night I tossed 5.5# of plums in a bucket, added water to 5l. 2 tsp of pectic enzyme, and sugar to 1.085. Today I increased OG to 1.115, and pitched Montratchet.

Montratchet will peak at 13% or so, and I have a potential of 15.09 if it goes dry. I am hoping for it to die off and end at around 13-14 and be a tad sweet.

My question is, should I toss in some nutrient and or energizer? If so, how much?

i would add nutrient and energizer, based on the mfg recommended dosage.
not many fruits have enough nutrients on there own.

Good call. Just tossed in 1 tsp. I am only worried that it would kick up the yeast, making it finish dry. I am hoping to finish a tad semi sweet without needing to back sweeten.

yeast depends on sugar for food,more then the nutrient...it must have sugar. complex isssue, trying to get it to finish before its dry.
i have stopped some at 1.000, campdened /sorbated and it still fermented dry...tricky to get the right sugar combined with the right yeast for it to come out on the nose.

Back