Please Help ASAP, MOM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woggers

Reaction score
My mom just retired after 56yrs of work. She has been to hell and back the last few years (been on deaths door with necrosed intestines - rotten gut).

She and i used to be drinking buddies and she has lost her taste for beer :(

Just 2 days ago she told me she was craving "something new" in beer. I am totally excited. She likes blue moon, oberon, sam adams cherry wheat and peach drinks. I have made her wittbier and she likes it somewhat (this after her problems)

So I want to make and name a beer after her that she will like. I was thinking a wheat with a little bit of bitter up front but with a lot of fruit/sweet going down. Also with a lot of mouth feel. Something really easy drinking............... I took her to Frankenmuth, Michigan ( i am such a good son) and she had a little of their CowPath Pilsner - she loved it. I just want to get my drinking mom/buddy back.

I am new to my own recipes and this will be my 1st recipe. Please suggest

considering she likes sweet wheat beers, you can brew up a standard hefe, then secondary some cherry into it.

do you do extract or ag? if extract:

6 lbs wheat dme
wyeast 3068 or wlp 300

secondary with 3 lbs sweet cherries, or 1 can oregon fruit pitted sweet cherries.

this is a hb version of the sam adams cherry wheat

Maybe a Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat clone with a higher hop bitterness. I know they use a raspberry extract at Bottling to give it that "fruity pebbles" flavor.

Or check out Biermunchers recipes. he has a few that look simlar to what u want that im thinking of trying too.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/blue-balls-belgian-wit-blue-moon-clone-24978/

Or

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/swmbo-slayer-belgian-blonde-26599/

Rack onto some blood oranges or use some blood orange extract at bottling to give it a sweet citrus flavor that would go well with the wheat.

Back